• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

In a few mins you will have a chance to grab a 6800 or 3060Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Im going from a Power Color 5700XT Red Devil its still a cracking card, but I want something thats a bit more capable at 4K as I game on a 55" LG CX Oled. The 5700XT is great at 1440p alongside my Ryzen 5600X mind, solid. So that card will be going in my second PC wich has a B450 msi tomahawk max and a Ryzen 3600 in it so im going to have two cracking systems. And out of the 2nd pc comes a Sapphire RX570 8gig Nitro+ card still a great card but i may sell on.

Nice! Enjoy your new card. That will be a good step up still.

Soldato
I actually cancelled mine and also put my 5700XT up on the auction site. It's already got a £440 bid and will probably go for over £500. Reverting back to my old R9 390 for now.

Yeah that is very tempting at the moment it would certainly take away the hurt of shelling out the big money i had too. I hope you make a killing. What did you start it at or reserve?

Soldato
Thanks mate I hope you get sorted too if you havent been already. Its been a nightmare trying to grab a AMD/Nvidia new series card so im relived.

I'm sorted also. Managed to grab a 3080FE at the start of the week but was originally set on a 6800XT.
I'm away with work so got about 12 days to wait until I get to use it.

Soldato
Yeah that is very tempting at the moment it would certainly take away the hurt of shelling out the big money i had too. I hope you make a killing. What did you start it at or reserve?

A 3 day auction started at £400 and got one bid within an hour. Judging by what others are selling at it should go for around £550. It's also £1 selling fee until the 25th so will only get charged about £15 paypal fee. Risky but I will not send to anyone with 0 feedback. The miners are paying these prices since it's has a 61 Mh/s Hashrate and I have sold a HD 5970 to a miner in the past with no issues.
I could buy a 6800XT for near £900 but it's not worth it imo even with the inflated sell price of the 5700XT. I can easily wait it out since I have my trusty old R9 390.

Soldato
Haha I was busting for a 3080FE but missed them 3 or 4 times getting very very close at times. It was a heartbreak. enjoy that card its a real beast and a diamond.

Thanks! Looking forward to it. Enjoy!
I'll be looking to sell my old card but a bit sceptical about selling it on auction sites.

FuF

FuF

Associate
Needed a desperate upgrade from my GTX 980. Tried different methods and lucked out just before Xmas to purchase an Asus 3060TI Dual OC. I always shop with OCUK, but this time I just did not have the patience to wait as it seemed OCUK were dragging their feet a bit. I understood Gibbo's reasoning and it was sound, but on a personal level it was just too far ahead and too difficult to predict. Purchased it from an alternative well known retailer where I generally never shop. I did pay 450GBP for it, and it was more than I anticipated, but I had a limit of 500 quid.

To be honest, assuming we're almost in February and the stock problems are not looking even remotely better, I'm quite pleased with my purchase, but I completely agree that the prices are insane at the moment. I know it was ages ago and it may seem like it is not relevant anymore, but when I got my 980 in 2015-16 (don't remember exactly) it was a flagship card (TI was not yet released I think) and it was 350. Now had a very much middle of the road card for 100 pounds more. Inflation on these products is just too severe and as mentioned above there are too many reasons to list. It does not seem it will improve long term, if Nvidia can re-release 2000 series cards - and they would not do it if the market was not there.

Edit: spelling errors

Last edited:
Associate
Glad I bought my Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT NITRO+ OC yesterday at £859.99 because tonight its up to £899.99 and that would have pushed me out. Cant wait to get it now.

Know I was laughed at yesterday for springing for expensive cards. In a month they will look like a bargain. Which is sad.

Now to find a monitor...

Associate
If i had the ability I’d rather sell for a lesser amount on the MM than using auction sites. Getting more than you paid for a card 18 months ago shows just how crazy things have got.

Associate
Has someone revived that list I was putting together?

From what I remember, bar a few forum goers that got fubar'd because of Brexit, most of the list managed to snag what they were after?

I got my 6800 reference. Crazy amount of good vibes all over (bar of courses those that only know how to talk smack), and all because @Gibbo decided to go through a shed load of work so we'd have a fighting chance.

Much obliged, bro!

Associate
I sort of did but didn't get what i wanted. I was after a sapphire nitro+ 6800xt but the prices were so insane i ditched the xt and went for the normal nitro+. have a 1440 monitor so still extremely capable. OH and i sold my vega 64 for £350 so i ended up paying £380 for the 6800:D

Last edited:
Associate
I managed to get a 6800xt Nitro+ and just sold my Vega 68 for £370 which is £150 more than I was expecting. The 6800xt I would have expected it to be £100 more than the reference so £700 and the inflated price I paid was £850. I ended up paying about the same as I expected 700-220=480 850+370=480 which is my justification anyway.
@Gibbo can you confirm that everyone who purchased will receive a card?

Associate
In the other thread he said “So far today everyone who has ordered will get the card they have ordered and by the end of next week.
There are still cards available to order, so check them out, I shall probably remove all cards around 9pm.”

Associate
^ That part is awfully confusing for me. When I bought in the past from Overclockers I even managed to get next day delivery or week end delivery (Sunday at 10:00 I remember my display got dropped to me, and I did pay for it Saturday). However, no 2 days after ordering, there is no update for shipping.
I am just curious how are the deliveries prioritised.

Associate
^ That part is awfully confusing for me. When I bought in the past from Overclockers I even managed to get next day delivery or week end delivery (Sunday at 10:00 I remember my display got dropped to me, and I did pay for it Saturday). However, no 2 days after ordering, there is no update for shipping.
I am just curious how are the deliveries prioritised.

They are really busy and limited on staff because of covid limitations. Gibbo said 3-5 working days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom