1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In ear earphone suggestions

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by xen_, 25 Jun 2010.

1. xen_

Wise Guy

My Sony MDR-NC22 earphones have recently broken :(. I'm looking for something similar, but perhaps without the noise cancelling thing, which is great but adds a fair chunk to the price. So my main criteria are, in ear, comfortable, good sound, block out a fair amount of noise and preferably cost less then £30.

I'm not too fussed which company they are from, but I've been looking at the Sennheiser CX400 II, which seem good, but I'm concerned about what I've heard about there being lots of fakes about.

2. Philtor

Soldato

Your bang on the money with the Sennheiser CX series. Just don't buy from the auction site - CX400 can be picked up from a certain Jersey retailer for around £35.00 - £40.00.

3. AbsenceJam

Mobster

Klipsch Image X1. The Senn CX 400's aren't so good.

4. xen_

Wise Guy

Cheers for the advice, I think I'll probably end up with the cx400 from a reputable retailer.

5. moon man

Mobster

those klipsch look amazing value ,been looking at the soundmajic and yuins for a good starter pair of iems or buds ,these are now on the shortlist ,going out in my hfi780s im just going to get laughed at or mugged :)

6. AbsenceJam

Mobster

I really like them, lot more than any other sub £50 ones (I own loads...). Plenty of bass which is good for my sort of music and I really like the fit with stock tips (and strangely the smallest size) whereas I usually have annoyances with cheap phones.