In-Ear headphones help

Associate
Hey guys, so i'm looking to get a new pair of headphones. Trying to keep my budget low (£50-60) but for exceptional headphones for a little more i'd be willing to pay up to £100. Does someone have any opinions on the models below?

Brainwavz b100 - About £50
Mee m6 pro iem - About £36
Rha m750 - £80
Shure se215 - £85
Hifi man re400. - £64
One more triple driver. £100

I'm looking for good balanced sound throughout with nice bass, but not overpowering. Good details for vocals would also be great. For reference, the music genres i listen to the most are Hip Hop / House / Reggae / EDM.

The headphones would be plugged into my phone most of the time, no amplifier or other gadgets.

Cheers!

Associate
I would go for 1more triple driver. They are on sale at the moment 80 pounds with 3 years extended the warranty on manufacturer UK website. I can't comment on the rest as I haven't heard them except B100 from brainwavz. They are good but only single balanced armature driver so the bass doesn't have the impact as the dynamic driver. Yet they are very clear, detailed and natural sounding. 1more triple driver has two armatures and 1 dynamic for bass. Many people say they are the best you can get for under 100 pounds and some say they should cost around 160 pounds at least.

Hope this helps. Also wait for others to reply as I cant comment on the other earphones

Soldato
The 1MORE Triple driver and the Brainwavz B100 are my favourites out of that list....

The B100 [£50] (I'm wearing mine now) have a surprisingly good bass for a single BA driver and while it's not emphasised it is fast, crisp and extends quite low. The mids are quite neutral with plenty of detail and the highs add a nice shimmer without heading into sibilance territory. They are also probably the most comfortable IEM I have ever worn and are even fine for laying on your side, they don't stick out further than your ear. Built from plain (but strong and durable) black plastic they are small and insanely light and when you couple this with the over ear fit you can literally forget you're wearing them.

The 1MORE E1001 Triple driver [£93] comes in what is one of the most impressive packages for any IEM out there and how they did it for the price is anybodies guess. They are a hybrid design, having a dynamic driver for the bass coupled with two balanced armature drivers for the mids and highs. Being an all metal design and designed for a downward fit, they are obviously a lot heavier than the Brainwavz and as long as you like the way they fit (I prefer over ear) then you are good to go. Sound wise they have much, much stronger bass than the B100s but this is one of their selling points and if you like electronic music you will doubtless enjoy these. The overall sound signature is a powerful, emphasised but very good quality bass, natural and smooth mids with a slight tuning dip as they transition into the highs, which avoids most sibilance although there is a tendency for them to show up any hiss on poor/old recordings.

The others on the list can't match these two for value and sound quality. Also, my RHA MA750s have been living in the drawer ever since I got my Fidue A73, which is another contender [£99]. The A73 is a hybrid IEM, with a single balanced armature driver for the highs and a dynamic driver for the lows. They have a more V shaped signature than the B100s, with bass as strong as the 1MORE and a very detailed and slightly hotter high end. Beautifully built from metal and plastic they are a very easy and quite shallow fit that sounds great without any fiddling and are extremely comfortable.

It all boils down to what sound signature you want and whether you want a hang down or over ear fit.

Back
Top Bottom