1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

in game stutter with my new build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MikeTtv, 11 Feb 2019.

1. MikeTtv

Associate

Hey folks. wanted to give this another shot. So a few months go i bought a new setup. It is as follows;
    My Rig:
    Ryzen 7 2700x Non OC'd
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW edition
    GIGABYTE X470 AORUS Ultra gaming AM4/DDR4 Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Enthusiast RGB LED
    Corsair TXM 750w
    I'm using a 60hz ASUS monitor.
    From day one I have been experiencing these random in game stutters (Not tearing). Not even a second long.
    just enough to take you out of the game and cause you to question the issue. I actively tried to lower graphics and capping the frames but this issue continues. This is not limited to online games.

I have ran a memtest for the ram and it has came back clear. Ram does not seem to be the problem.

Here is a visual clip of the sutter. Forgive my cam.
    https://clips.twitch.tv/AcceptableLivelyLasagnaDatSheffy

If anyone can help or has any ideas I would much appreciate it.

2. maklabouhlel

Wise Guy

Could be graphics driver issue?

3. MikeTtv

Associate

Best way to test this ?

4. Parkinson1NX

Gangster

Is it most up to date driver? If not update and try again. If so then maybe a clean install of the driver.

5. MikeTtv

Associate

I check for updates and their were drivers available. Updated and the issue continues.

6. Phil87

Gangster

Is this in specific games or all games? I'd try monitoring with something like MSI Afterburner and see if you can see a spike in frametime corresponding to a spike in CPU usage.

Is anything overclocked and have you tried to replicate the problem with all the BIOS settings at default?