In house exercise tips for a fattie.

Soldato
Not wanting to sound harsh, but assuming your blood sugar levels are all ok, the hunger pangs are probably nothing more than needing to exercise self discipline. I've noticed that if I'm just sat watching TV I can start to feel really hungry, but if I go and wash the car/mow the lawn or whatever I'm absolutely fine. Otherwise I find that having a cup of tea makes me feel a lot better!

Permabanned
OP
Not wanting to sound harsh, but assuming your blood sugar levels are all ok, the hunger pangs are probably nothing more than needing to exercise self discipline. I've noticed that if I'm just sat watching TV I can start to feel really hungry, but if I go and wash the car/mow the lawn or whatever I'm absolutely fine. Otherwise I find that having a cup of tea makes me feel a lot better!

Yeah like I said I tested my blood sugar levels for a while, and they were fine, so I guess you could be right. As I'm not active during the day, I don't have a distraction so hunger pangs will come on. The more I think about hunger, the more I feel hungry!

Soldato
Thanks RaohNS, that's superb. When I did do some exercise yesterday, after I finished I was rather shakey for a bit, what causes this? Just my body getting used to it? It's been 2 hours since I last ate (1 slice of wholemeal toast) and now I'm beggining to feel hungry again! And if I leave it for to long I'll start getting symptoms like a slight shake, light headed etc. Unless it's just me being insane ! (diagnosed anxiety)

Hi Gamer_T you will be shaky as its sort of like your muscles "come down" and its your bodies way of saying its been worked. Complicatedly its basically fatigue being experienced by your muscles. And this shaking possibly iirc is blood filling and starting the replenishment process.

What??? 1 Slice!!! Jeez Louise you can have like 2/3 rounds of bread thats no problem. Try to watch your fat content rather than calories as with exercise you will be burning off the calories. The fat is the more difficult thing to get rid of.

You'll most likely be feeling hungry because your stomach has in this time swelled and expects to be fed a lot. Give it a little time 2/3 wks and they will start to subside.

If you are getting light headed, this is usually due to a lack of blood sugar... get a couple of banana's down you are a bowl of cereal if you start feeling queezy. Although id hope or prefer that you didn't feel queezy.

Don't forget that changing your diet this drastically will also shock it a bit, but its left with you to make an instant change or keep a few things the same and gradually wean your body off it.

Remember Fruit, Yoghurt, Cereal, Bread and a nice meal every day should produce a relatively noticeable result after a few weeks this of course must be along with some exercise. I'd recommend eating something an hour before exercising and a meal 30mins after.

Just an additional note in your first 2hrs of waking this is a time that is widely considered the best for weight loss as its when your body starts drawing on reserves to get it going.

Permabanned
OP
Thanks for the reply. I only tend to get them symptoms when I haven't ate for about 4-5 hours, they aren't that bad really, just a bit uncomfy, when I eat they seem to go away almost instantly. I guess my body is used to having loads of food packed in to it, so it could be normal, as I said my blood sugar was fine when I tested it so it must be my eating habbits.

Soldato
Oh i see what you are doing...

Righty that would explain the dizziness. Don't got for 4/5hours without eating, you want to be for example having a diet like this:

Wake up 7am - Breakfast Cereal
9-10am - Some fruit/Banana
12-2 - Cereal with a Yoghurt
3-4 - Bread/Something else
5-7 Balanced meal (you can have anything i.e. spag bol etc, just as long as it isn't fatty i.e. a full breakfast and doesn't have pastry (so yes pies are out)

Try this, this should stop the dizziness you are on about. You are trying to kickstart your metabolism into working harder/quicker small snacks/meals will help this...

Hope it works :)

Soldato
Thanks for the reply. I only tend to get them symptoms when I haven't ate for about 4-5 hours, they aren't that bad really, just a bit uncomfy, when I eat they seem to go away almost instantly. I guess my body is used to having loads of food packed in to it, so it could be normal, as I said my blood sugar was fine when I tested it so it must be my eating habbits.

Eating little and often is a good way to help weight loss anyway. Not sure how tall etc you are, but use one of the calorie counters and work out your resting, lop a bit off (not too much, exercise will help shift the pounds as well) and split it over 5 or 6 decent meals. Eating little and often will keep your metabolism up and stop you crashing so I definitely wouldn't go 4-5 hours without eating something.

Soldato
Another fattie here with some tips of my own! :)

I find myself eating when browsing the web/watching random tat on youtube so thus try to limit my time on the PC to useful activities (banking, email) and then move on to something else.

Essentially try to break the habit of eating when doing 'x' activity :)

Back
Top Bottom