In the hunt for a £6k

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Axeboy said:
Probably no different to a clio 172 tbh

Group 20 import aren't they? I know people 25 and over with full no claims bonus and still paying a good £1500 to insure an ITR. Wheras I can insure a Clio 172 Cup at 18 with only 1ncb for around £1800 fully comp. I'd have no chance with an Integra.

Soldato
It'd have to be the Leon 20VT for me. Better looking (always feel the Clio is understated in terms of looks) and better bulit than the Clio. Feels much more substancial IMO.I was considerably more impressed by the Leon than the Clio.

Soldato
Check the DC2 forums... they are surprisingly cheap to insure in most cases.

Not a great example.

But im 26, 2 yrs no claims, on the street.. average area...

FC for £500

Not quite the same, but a good idea... and being over 25 hasnt changed my premiums much at all.

(Uk cars are group 18 btw, imports can be cheaper still depending on insurer)

GT3

GT3

Soldato
Axeboy said:
Check the DC2 forums... they are surprisingly cheap to insure in most cases.

Not a great example.

But im 26, 2 yrs no claims, on the street.. average area...

FC for £500

Not quite the same, but a good idea... and being over 25 hasnt changed my premiums much at all.

(Uk cars are group 18 btw, imports can be cheaper still depending on insurer)

I was looking at DC5s admittidly, maybe a UK DC2 is achievable at 19 with a years no claims for £2k then?

GT3

GT3

Soldato
TripleT said:
Doubt it, I was looking at over £2k when I was 21 with 0 ncb for a dc2. My GTi6 was £1500 along with a cup.

Depends on insurer I guess, I'm fortunate to live in a good area and the quote I've got for my saxo vtr's renewal is £670 tpft at 18 with 1ncb. However my friend lives in the same area, all the details are the same but hes 20 with 0ncb and to insure my car it would cost him £1500 with the same company. So no claims could perhaps make it possible, I'll run a few quotes as a dc2 would be damn tasty :)

Soldato
GT3 said:
Depends on insurer I guess, I'm fortunate to live in a good area and the quote I've got for my saxo vtr's renewal is £670 tpft at 18 with 1ncb. However my friend lives in the same area, all the details are the same but hes 20 with 0ncb and to insure my car it would cost him £1500 with the same company. So no claims could perhaps make it possible, I'll run a few quotes as a dc2 would be damn tasty :)

True true, the first year when you have 0 ncb is always bad. I've managed to get my 2nd year on my GTi6 (with 1 ncb) for £750 FC at 22 so a MASIVE reduction.

Biggest problem I found was finding an actual INSURER who would insure me on a Cup/GTi6/DC2 with 0 NCB. They all said I had to either be 25 or have at least one years no claims. :confused: Only had three companies who would give me a price with Direct Line being the cheapest.

Associate
Tesla said:
Please for the love of god do not even consider a 206. Horrid pieces of junk.

Ill back you up on that, they dent so easily and peugout cut corners to save pennies. Last one mum had was in the garage every month, and her new one has ****** thin pannels, literally i leant on the c pillar and it bent in. Quick cars though, wouldnt say they are complete junk i like them its just a shame that the build quality isnt as good as the looks and handleing.

No swearing.

Gilly.

Soldato
£6k will get you a very good, if not mint, late S14a :cool:

sx1.jpg

Insurance isn't all that bad. Mine is £1,050 next year for renewal and I will be 21 with 2 years NCB :)

Permabanned
OP
I am going for the Focus, its a really nice car inside and out, the leather is in great condition. Insurance is only £10 extra a month and £50 extra for monthly loan.

Associate
Doh, someone beat me to it. I'd definitely recommend a Nissan 200, at the least take one for a test drive then make your mind up....

Check out www.sxoc.co.uk/vbb for a VERY helpful car club.

djbenjo said:
£6k will get you a very good, if not mint, late S14a :cool:

sx1.jpg

Insurance isn't all that bad. Mine is £1,050 next year for renewal and I will be 21 with 2 years NCB :)

Back
Top Bottom