1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In the market for a Jap Les Paul! Help me out.

Discussion in 'Music, Box Office, TV & Books' started by Natima, 13 Oct 2009.

1. Natima

Hitman

I've been looking at Greco, Burny, Epi Elite, Gibson, Tokai, and Edwards.
    My absolute max is budget is 1k providing I manage to sell (wink wink, nudge nudge) a couple of my fenders.

I'm not keen at all on the idea of getting anything "new" or any yank LP. None of this short-neck-tenon, chambered-body crap!

Any ideas of specific models in that price range? I've found a lovely EGF-1000, but its in canada, going for roughly £940.

2. Van Hellseek

Capodecina

Something to do with music? Well done on finding the right place to post such a request.

Yup, if GD at 11pm can't help, then nobody can.

3. Blackvault

Mobster

You'd struggle to find a Gibson for that money brand new, the new Standards and Traditionals (up market Classics) are £1799. The second hand market might be a good place to look or get yourself over to the Les Paul Forum link here and look at the US forum dealers. However bare in might that its roughly 20-25% of chargers and shipping to add to a US priced guitar.

Short tenons are found in standard Regular production LPs. The Long tenon ones are from the Custom Shop and are accurate features. As for the chambering Gibson as pretty much dropped that from their regular production and Custom Shop lines but still do the "Swiss Cheese" weight relieving.

Hope this helps

Blackvault