In the unlikely event of Leeds being relegated...

Soldato
I hear arsene is very interested in Danny mills and if robbo is available at a good price id think he would be interested.

Taylor is a good keeper but robbo is better :)

If they were to come to arsenal id feel sorry for leeds as they are loosing good players but id get over it ;)

Man of Honour
Seth Johnson was lined up for a ~£4m move to boro in the transfer window, that might get rekindled. Dacourt may well be joining Roma for around £6m. Viduka has traditionally been linked with a move to Italy, they used to throw figures of £15m about but nowadays I'd say it would be more like £8-9m.

I guess Robinson, Kewell and Smith are the most valuable players, being young and with good talent. They would probably fetch the most money, but my advice to leeds would be to offload fringe players like dacourt, Johnson, Martyn (won't get much cash, but he's bound to have signed a fat contract when he was an england squad regular) etc, +viduka for the big cash (bridges can replace him). If they could get £20m for those 4 players that would be a step in the right direction I feel.

Mills would be a good buy for Arsenal but I can't see Leeds letting him go for under £5m.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by The Edge
The other point I suppose is what players will WANT to stay at leeds if they go down?

Viduka = no
Kewell = no
Smith = no
Robinson = home grown, maybe??

You think Robinson would stay cos he's homegrown, but say that Smith wouldn't stay? :confused:

Think you need to do some homework matey. Plus, Kewell might as well be homegrown too, he's been at Leeds since he was 13.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Gilly
You think Robinson would stay cos he's homegrown, but say that Smith wouldn't stay? :confused:

Think you need to do some homework matey. Plus, Kewell might as well be homegrown too, he's been at Leeds since he was 13.

Indeed, but would Kewell want to stay though at a lower division?

I think Smith would be the most likely to stay, but if they went down he might not have a choice, he might have to leave for the good of the clubs he loves so much.

Faz

Faz

Associate
I honestly don't think it matters whether we stay up or go down, players like Kewell, Mills, Robinson, Smith etc. will leave in the summer.

Risdale has proved that every player in the squad is for sale by selling Woodgate when alegedly we didn't need to

How many quality players will want to play for a mid table finish for three years plus while the club sorts its finances out? There are European Championships and World cups coming up these players are thinking about their international future.

There will be a mass exodus from Elland Road in the summer, just hope Risdale goes with them.

Soldato
OP
But Smith (and Mills I think) have just signed new contracts, unless forced I somehow doubt they will be leaving unless they put in non relegation clauses in there & are prepared to be named judas by Gilly :D

Man of Honour
Mills signed at the beginning of last season IIRC. Smith signed after xmas.

I think what Davey meant was to save Leeds Smith might have to be sold for the money he's undoubtably worth.

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Gilly
Mills signed at the beginning of last season IIRC. Smith signed after xmas.

I think what Davey meant was to save Leeds Smith might have to be sold for the money he's undoubtably worth.

Yeah but I was referring to Faz who said they would leave if Leeds stay up. Which I don't agree with.

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Cemetery
Yeah but I was referring to Faz who said they would leave if Leeds stay up. Which I don't agree with.

I'm not so sure. I think Smith would do anything he could to stay at leeds.

I'd like to think the same of Robbo but I aint sure

Faz

Faz

Associate
I know Smith loves the club, but would he jeopardise his future career by staying at Leeds.

Matthew Le Tissier how many England caps would he have got if he had left Southampton when he had the chance and gone to a "bigger" club? I think a lot more than he did. (no disrespect to either Southampton or Le Tissier intended)

As I see it come the end of season Leeds will unload any players they can to reduce this debt. It does'nt take much to unsettle a player at a club Look what Risdale did to Ferdinand

Back
Top Bottom