Induction kit and a focus

Soldato
OP
Memphis said:
Having just spotted your age, I wouldn't bother with any induction mods, the insurance will love you if you do though.

Well its not only for me but it's my sisters car too :)

I was just pondering it, thats all!

Soldato
Agent_Smith357 said:
Dear god get rid of all that plastic crap in that engine bay, where the hell is the engine?

The diesels are very bad for that. Mine i have a gap either side of the engine and it dont have loads of plastic covers.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Agent_Smith357 said:
Dear god get rid of all that plastic crap in that engine bay, where the hell is the engine?

Probably sat in the corner of a Ford factory somewhere waiting for the RSPCA to give it a good home.

Induction kits are only good if you spend £100-200 on one, with an efficent heat shield and cold feed. Not to mention more regular filter servicing as they are generally exposed in the engine bay.

Not worth it on a small car to be honest. Theres better ways to make it sound good, but you'll not see much performance unless it's done right.

Last edited:
Soldato
Buy a replacement panel filter, they're a little more free flowing. You should notice a difference in engine note and maybe a touch more responsive but i've not done anything like this on a modern car. You could always drill some holes in the back of the air box to make it even louder still...

I fitted a universal cone filter to my 205 and it made quite a bit of difference - well worth it, but then again it is an older car so probably benefits more.

Back
Top Bottom