Influential people in your life?

Associate
There have been a number of influential people for me. The first would be my dad, without realising it i've picked up a lot of his mannerisms and his twisted sense of humour. From him i've gained the sense of always keeping your word and respecting your elders.

The next would be Mr Feeleigh in secondary school. A man mountain, his muscles had muscles on them. When I was going through school I had one hell of an awful time. Through various events I grew up wayyy to fast compared to other kids. Chatting to him made me feel a lot better and I followed his advice, which I remembered when making key decisions like which uni course to choose. I would like to meet him again and say thanks.

After that it would have to be Sian who I met at uni. As a friend, she showed me just how downright evil someone can be. Certainly not a nice experience but it is something that I keep in mind when dealing with people at work etc.

Soldato
Blackstar said:
Kell_ee001 i'm in tears now lol i know its silly but i've had a bad day that was really heartfelt, i feel silly :o

Don't feel silly! It really was heart-felt (being teary at work - not a good idea btw! :o ) They were great people and they are greatly missed. :(

And thanks Malc :)

Adz

Adz

Soldato
My father, Chris who died a month ago after a long battle with chronic depression and alcoholism. He was the nicest, most genuine person I've ever known and has given me the gift of hindsight, so that I can see where he went wrong and try not make the same mistakes.

If anyone would like to read this please feel free, it's what I said at his funeral and better explains my feelings towards him. 110 people were at the funeral, friends, ex girlfriends, family all there to say goodbye to a man who thought nobody loved him. Such a waste.

Associate
Adz said:
My father, Chris who died a month ago after a long battle with chronic depression and alcoholism. He was the nicest, most genuine person I've ever known and has given me the gift of hindsight, so that I can see where he went wrong and try not make the same mistakes.

If anyone would like to read this please feel free, it's what I said at his funeral and better explains my feelings towards him. 110 people were at the funeral, friends, ex girlfriends, family all there to say goodbye to a man who thought nobody loved him. Such a waste.

I've just read it, had me in tears by the end:o

I reckon you've done your Dad proud.

Soldato
Kell_ee001 said:

That was so lovely, sad but happy at the same time. :)

Takhisis said:

That's so young - for you to lose your dad and for him to go. :(

Remember, no-one is truly gone until no-one remembers them.

For me, the most inspiring people have been family members - my Mum who brought me up as a single Mum, and who has achieved so and dedicated so much of herself to me, despite being a young mum before it was 'normal'. Also my Nana, who is 89 and is currently beating *fingers crossed* breast cancer. She's had a tough old ride and she drives me mad at times, but she's lived through so much. Other than that, my OH is an inspiration to me because he's been through so much crap in his life but is still the gentle, kind and loving person that is always there for me, and my friends inspire me by believing in me and always supporting me, whatever hare-brained scheme I'm off to participate in. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Takhisis said:
My dad - he put his whole life on hold to look after me when mum left and just as I reached the age when he could have started to "live" again (16) he died (46).

He was a wonderful man and a brilliant father and I miss him every day

:) - that is lovely to hear that you felt that way about your father.

I hope one day my kids will say the same about me when they are older..

Soldato
My Father.

Infact, he was my Stepfather but I knew him from about 4 years old and he treated me like his own and I actually got on with him better than my mother. We were best friends.

He passed away after i'd not long moved out of home. I often wish he was here so he could see have seen me get married and see his first grand-child and see how happy I was and make my mother happy again. Most of all, I just wish I could say thank you.

Last edited:
Associate
Same as everyone else.

My Dad, well he’s step dad actually but that doesn’t matter .

He’s the biggest moaning git in the world ever but he’s always write god damn it:mad::D. If it wasn’t for him I’d probably be in mega debt and have some crappy dead end job.

Back
Top Bottom