• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

INNO3D RTX 3080 TWIN X2 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Hi All,

This thread is for those who bought this particular card, INNO3D RTX 3080 TWIN X2 OC, for us to try and get as much info together as possible.

I am sure I am not the only person who ended up buying a different RTX 3080 than they planned. I have been watching and reading up on the issues that the 3080s have been having and the below video from JayzTwoCents got me searching for more info on the TWIN X2 OC that I have ended up buying.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6bUUEEe-X8

As things stand this link shows that the iChill X3 and X4 both have mixed MLCC and POSCAPs. I have not been able to find out what the TWIN X2 OC has.
https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/izhpvs/the_possible_reason_for_crashes_and_instabilities/

Please share any info you find on this topic or anything thing else you want to for this card :)

For refence my order was... 17 Sep 2020 17:46:00

Associate
This is the board I ordered too due to limited space in my case. I too looked into the capgate stuff and although I don't think there are any x2s in the wild yet I have a strong hope they will be the same as the other Inno3d cards in terms of caps as Inno3d seem to be sticking to reference spec. But lets wait and see as this capgate saga plays out as it might not just be hardware related.

I notice that Inno stated that cards are being shipped to OCuk but I don't hold out much hope of the x2's arriving anytime soon. With 0 coverage in the far east and india of the X2's and only x3 and x4 videos popping up I can only assume the X2's are still in production. Hoping the 31st October originally quoted by OCuk is the latest they will arrive as I am currently 5th on the unoffical Que checker. Ordered 14:34 on the 17th.

Associate
OP
You did well, last I checked I was 50th, but same as you it showed the 31st October when I ordered.

I have my fingers crossed for the same reason, hoping the X3 and X4 are a good sign

TrM

TrM

Associate
I was also looking at the x2 before I ordered something else. But I don’t think the cooler would be be up to the job. Everyone aib have gone for 3 fans and 2.7 slot design and fe has more elaborate solution which still gets hotter then most cards.

I know it would make for a smaller card but can it really cool the card at 320wats:( its definitely a card you need to see reviews for

Associate
OP
I was also looking at the x2 before I ordered something else. But I don’t think the cooler would be be up to the job. Everyone aib have gone for 3 fans and 2.7 slot design and fe has more elaborate solution which still gets hotter then most cards.

I know it would make for a smaller card but can it really cool the card at 320wats:( its definitely a card you need to see reviews for
I have been wondering the same. For me I locked in £650 and as an 'OC' card I would expect the cooler to do its job, maybe not quite as well or with a higher fan speed. At this point I feel locked in, which may or may not be a bad thing. As @Jammy_Dodger says if the X2's are still in prodcution this could be a worth while wait for any last minute corrections to the design.

Today is a glass half full day :rolleyes:

TrM

TrM

Associate
Ggidd getting the card for 650 is really good and you are kinda locked in at least 70£ to get a different card if you don’t go founders.

I really do hope the cooler does a good job. But to me it bring up questions why did the base model strix or eagle have to use 2.7 slot 3 fan designs:) these 3080 do like to consume some power so won’t be a easy job

Soldato
I used to have an x2 1080 and it was the fastest 1080 I had of four. It was also the noisiest too. Once ramped up the twin fans could keep it under 80c but it was noisy.

Associate
Hello. I have an X2 on order too. Have subbed to the thread to keep up to date with any news.
My order was placed at 14.29 on the 17th. On the unofficial tracker I am #4 in the queue.

This was on my shortlist along with a few others. As soon as I saw the other prices had jumped by £40-50 and were still going to be early/mid October, I went for the X2 out of principle of price gouging. I will be putting a water block on the card, which I have already had delivered. Therefore not concerned about the cooler.

Associate
Coming mid/late October

Hello Joey,
Thank you for contacting INNO3D.
The TwinX2 OC will be shipped in week 42/43

With best regards,

Wouter Vegter

Superb. Welcome to the forums. Thanks for signing up to share that with us!
So OCUK estimate of end of October is on track. Shipping out 12-25th Oct, plus a bit of shipping time.

Soldato
This is the card I had pre-ordered but I cancelled it in the end, I felt very iffy about it being the only non-FE 3080 with just a dual-fan setup. It's the cheapest 3080 for a reason so I want to see what it's like out in the wild first, especially with capgate going on.

Associate
Inno3D put out a statement about the capacitor stuff. They declared there are absolutely no stability issues with their cards. Possibly a marketing ploy, to squash any worry. But better than the manufacturers who haven't commented.

Associate
Hi guys,

I also pre ordered an RTX 3080 TWIN X2 OC from INNO3D, I was just wondering when should I expect deliveries and how much stock is coming in, I ordered at 17:30 on the day of release , is it worth to cancel or is it just better to wait it out, I don’t really know what to do at this point

Associate
Hi guys,

I also pre ordered an RTX 3080 TWIN X2 OC from INNO3D, I was just wondering when should I expect deliveries and how much stock is coming in, I ordered at 17:30 on the day of release , is it worth to cancel or is it just better to wait it out, I don’t really know what to do at this point
I mean, we just discussed this a few posts up...

Coming mid/late October

Hello Joey,
Thank you for contacting INNO3D.
The TwinX2 OC will be shipped in week 42/43

With best regards,

Wouter Vegter

Figure out your place in the queue with the unofficial tracker. But you basically ordered around the same time as OP.

Associate
OP
I emailed Inno3D earlier today but I guess I will find out the same as Joey. I did ask for pictures so might get luck with that.

@Toothy1911 are you able to link the statement?
Here it is https://www.hardwaretimes.com/inno3d-claims-its-rtx-3080s-dont-suffer-from-crashes/
I would point out that they say "none of the iChill GeForce RTX 30 series products have instability problems" and from what I can tell they are not calling this a iChill card. Take from that what you will

Last edited:
Soldato
Just placed an order for mine, looks to be the only non FE card which will fit my case - let's hope the temps/noise aren't too bad!

What I'm actually hoping is that the shroud and fans are easily removed, then I can retrofit some 120mm fans to benefit both temps and noise and sacrifice the aesthetics.

Associate
Since there isn't a separate thread I'll ask in here.
Does anyone have any info on availability of the X3?

I too looked at the X2 but was worried about the dual fan layout.

Thanks

Associate
Since there isn't a separate thread I'll ask in here.
Does anyone have any info on availability of the X3?

I too looked at the X2 but was worried about the dual fan layout.

Thanks
X3 should be around the same time. As there are already videos of these cards appearing on youtube. I would think they might be a little ahead of production versus the X2.
Mid-Late October is our best guess based on the info supplied from Inno3D for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom