Install English Windows 2000

Soldato
I have a foreign version of windows 2000, and was wondering if theres a download for the english language, as the start menu etc is all foreign...

According to google, to change the language, there is a box in "regional settings" ... i dont have this... so its either something i removed in nLite (i kept english tho) or im missing something... in the meantime, im going to nLite again from scratch, and leave language settings alone

Any help appreciated

Last edited:
Soldato
jellybeard999 said:
I have a foreign version of windows 2000, and was wondering if theres a download for the english language, as the start menu etc is all foreign...

According to google, to change the language, there is a box in "regional settings" ... i dont have this... so its either something i removed in nLite (i kept english tho) or im missing something... in the meantime, im going to nLite again from scratch, and leave language settings alone

Any help appreciated
You`ll need to get hold of the language pack for windows 200, I think this is only legally available through MSDN or direct from M$.

Soldato
jellybeard999 said:

Any help appreciated

I bet it's in dutch or swedish :)

Soldato
you can't change the interface language. end of story. :)

unless you have the 'mui' version but that is unlikely....

How can I acquire Windows MUI?

The Windows XP/2000 MUI is sold only through Volume Licensing programs such as the Microsoft Open License Program (MOLP / Open), Select, and Enterprise agreement (or with a new computer as an OEM version at customer request). It is not available through retail channels.

http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/DrIntl/faqs/muifaq.mspx

Back
Top Bottom