Install Error "Access to the path 'DaybreakNative.dll' is denied."

Soldato
Hello All,

My main PC and Oculus account started "playing up" - I was stuck in a update loop with a game (Mage's Tale), I'd not done a fresh install of Windows for ages so decided to start again in the hope of solving the issue. I can now not even install the Oculus software! I've got a ticket raised with Oculus and am waiting for second line support, to be fair Oculus are quick to respond and after 7 messages (conversation) have put me through to second line).
I've tried to install loads of times (for 6 hours yesterday!!!) and have had several different errors, started with "Connection Timed out" but managed to fix that, I'm now stuck with the error below...Don't suppose anyone has had this and overcome it?

This is a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro, with only Nvidia drivers installed...

Any suggestions appreciated

Warning] [30/03/2018 16:13:55] Exception deleting 'C:\Users\ssmac\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-d8b4d0c1-d0ed-4849-8cdc-b6b14eca3280':
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'DaybreakNative.dll' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean throwOnTopLevelDirectoryNotFound)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive, Boolean checkHost)
at Dawn.Mixins.ReallyDeleteDirectory(String path)
[Debug] [30/03/2018 16:13:55] Scheduling delete of 'C:\Users\ssmac\AppData\Local\Temp\OculusSetup-d8b4d0c1-d0ed-4849-8cdc-b6b14eca3280' on next reboot.
[Debug] [30/03/2018 16:13:55] Exiting with code 1.

Soldato
OP
You running Malwarebytes by any chance?
This has now stopped me from installing ANY game/app in oculus until i disable it to install.Works fine after the game has been installed

Hi, Nope its a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with nothing installed and still fails...(Access to the path 'DaybreakNative.dll' is denied.)

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom