Insurance payout - out of my depth!

Associate
Insurance payout - out of my depth! -Resolved.

I know nothing about Televisions but have been asked which of these are better (google foo is weak). The Akura (?) is my sisters original TV which got very hot and cooked itself.

Akura AVP42HDMI - Original.
Panasonic VIERA TXP42X10B
LG 42PQ3000

When my sister purchased the Akura she was under the impression that it was full 1080P, I think it was 720P as this is what her insurance seems to be offering, the LG is 600Mhz so is better right?. Are they being reasonable or offering poor replacements.

I really appreciate any comments or suggestions as I am totally out of my depth here.

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
The Akura is a 720p screen - take the Panasonic :cool:

Whether there's a better Panasonic model they should offer I don't know but a quick Google suggests it's £550 worth of TV which seems fair enough.

Associate
OP
The Akura is a 720p screen - take the Panasonic :cool:

Whether there's a better Panasonic model they should offer I don't know but a quick Google suggests it's £550 worth of TV which seems fair enough.

I think she was hoping for the same money she paid over 2 years ago, which is unrealistic. Based on a lot of surfing and the recommendations here I have advised her to get the Panasonic as this appears to be a final offer.

Thank you for posting :D

EDIT: Turns out they have now decided to send her vouchers to use at a high street store to the sum of £599, spec me a 42" telly for £600 :)

Last edited:
Soldato
See how much the high street store will sell you a 42inch trueHD panny for, They are great TV's and although your unlikely to get one on the high street for £600 (you would probably get the 720 though), if you add a few quid of your own, you should be able to get the entry level trueHD for not too much additional money.

Last time I was in the highstreet, I saw a TrueHD 50inch Panny selling for a little over £700!!

Back
Top Bottom