Insurers who ask for accidents in the last 3 years?

Soldato
I'm not sure why it would be an issue unless it refers or triggers something on their system.

After 3 years we pay no attention to accidents. They'll be in the background somewhere but it wouldn't affect the policy.

Yes Admiral will care if you are doing it via the comparison websites and don't answer the question truthfully. Claim time if you haven't declared it, you'll be in trouble if they find out.

On their website Admiral don't ask but you'll often find the prices aren't always as good on their website to begin with.

I know there's a lot of cross referencing quotes nowadays.

I did some quotes with and without an sp30 a few years ago as I was worried I'd been caught speeding but nothing came of it.

I then got an email from my insurer asking to send a licence check and confirm I'd not had any motoring convictions as they had reason to believe I may have.

Many insurers use systems like this.

https://unicom-telecom.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Tealeaf-Cx-Verify-Fraud-protection.pdf
https://www.experian.co.uk/business/identity-fraud/fraud-management/hunter/

Now Admiral (my own insurer) are saying I need to call them

I've gotten about 10 different quotes for various cars in the past few days (currently deciding what to get) - Is this an issue?

It's an anti fraud measure you have triggered. Whilst trying out different cars is obviously an acceptable innocent reason, other people keep switching answers to different questions to try and get a lower price. The latter is unacceptable as it suggests you are trying to find ways to stretch the truth.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Admiral are useless. Someone ran into the back of me, no fault, all taken care of. 7 years, yes, 7 years later Admiral write to me to say ‘sorry, you’ve been overpaying while with us as we incorrectly took all your NCB away (no one had stated this), here’s upwards of £1000 refund’. Fortunately I was no longer using these jokers anymore, nor will I again.

How did you not manage to notice this yourself?

Man of Honour
How did you not manage to notice this yourself?

I actually didn’t. I received a letter from admiral years later basically saying these are the account details we have on file and we’ll put the money into your account within two weeks. Best free money I’ve ever received. Crazy to think I had overpaid so much and may never have known.

Caporegime
I actually didn’t. I received a letter from admiral years later basically saying these are the account details we have on file and we’ll put the money into your account within two weeks. Best free money I’ve ever received. Crazy to think I had overpaid so much and may never have known.
So you never check your renewal details?

Wow.

Man of Honour
So you never check your renewal details?

Wow.

I certainly didn’t notice that the ncb hadn’t been deducted out of the cost, no, since it stated my accumulating ncb as it had normally each year. How much that equates to an overall deduction, I couldn’t tell you. I doubt you’d pick that up either.

These days I switch insurer almost every year, so I’d stand a better chance of picking it up.

Last edited:
Associate
I certainly didn’t notice that the ncb hadn’t been deducted out of the cost, no, since it stated my accumulating ncb as it had normally each year. How much that equates to an overall deduction, I couldn’t tell you. I doubt you’d pick that up either.

These days I switch insurer almost every year, so I’d stand a better chance of picking it up.

Thats pretty crap really, atleast you got your cash back. I've never renewed with the same company in 9 years because its always been cheaper elsewhere.

Caporegime
OP
Stupid question...

If I was to get a company car, I assume I can insure it personally and just get business usage?

Or would the company need to provide insurance for it?

Back
Top Bottom