• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 10th Gen Comet Lake thread

Soldato
Shame games where AMD demolish intel I don't play haha, I can't wait to see future with 6800XT, I'm waiting on benchmarks but might swap my 3080 for one

With an Intel cpu i doubt you will need to.
I feel when it comes down to it, everything in red will help, but if you're blue you'll stick with green.
I think that will become a difference.

Soldato
With an Intel cpu i doubt you will need to.
I feel when it comes down to it, everything in red will help, but if you're blue you'll stick with green.
I think that will become a difference.

Shame in essence I'm stuck with no CPU at moment cause this 10700K is just on loan for next few weeks, so I gotta decide what to do by end of month cause I'm building a SFF PC, and I think 5900X might be better but 10700K bloody good deal currently, and 10850K isn't a bad deal either

Associate
If you are playing anything 1440p and above then there on pretty much on par. If you look at benchmarks at 1440p Zen2 & Zen3 are exactly the same and intel generally a couple of percent higher.

Also depending on who you watch for the benchmarks the 10900k at 1080p is as good/better/worse than the top Zen3 so who knows really whats best.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you are playing anything 1440p and above then there on pretty much on par. If you look at benchmarks at 1440p Zen2 & Zen3 are exactly the same and intel generally a couple of percent higher.

Also depending on who you watch for the benchmarks the 10900k at 1080p is as good/better/worse than the top Zen3 so who knows really whats best.

That's what I brought up when a few people are saying they want more performance for 1440p so they will wait for next gen cpu. The problem is that we are still gpu bottlenecked in nearly all games at 1440p and unless something gives, the cpu will not give a higher framerate no matter how fast the cpu is

That's just the way it is now, in this generation of gaming we are heavily gpu bottlenecked in most cases and the cpu has taken a back step. Maybe that will change at some point in the future but that is the reality righ now

Associate
That's what I brought up when a few people are saying they want more performance for 1440p so they will wait for next gen cpu. The problem is that we are still gpu bottlenecked in nearly all games at 1440p and unless something gives, the cpu will not give a higher framerate no matter how fast the cpu is

That's just the way it is now, in this generation of gaming we are heavily gpu bottlenecked in most cases and the cpu has taken a back step. Maybe that will change at some point in the future but that is the reality righ now

True although i dont feel bottlenecked with my 3090 :D it is incredible!

Associate
AMD have left the door wide open at the 8 core /£400 point as the 10850k is around the same price as the 5800x and the 10700k is quite a bit cheaper. I am in the same boat looking for an 8 core gaming CPU to last a good few years. Probably will still go AMD but it has made me look again at intel.

Definitely this.

I paid £400 for a 10850k and have it overclocked a tiny bit extra to the 10900k stock speed. Looking at game averages that's on par or close to the 5950x, but significantly cheaper. At least when not limiting the TDP anyway.

Most i've seen under load on realbench is 160w and 70c.

Associate
My 10900k when playing rdr2 over the weekend was hitting 93 degrees, im using a 360 artic cooler, is it best to redo the paste or are others getting those temps?

Associate
Ive tried in the bios to turn the clock off but it still ramps up to 4.7 on all cores on startup. Its a nightmare, surely it should be easier to disable.
Tried f5 and then f10
Tried f1 intel defaults and still no joy at all

What is your vcore set to at the moment? Also do you have Multicore Enhancement enabled?

For reference my 10850 stock will boost to 4.8ghz on all cores 24/7 as the power limit is removed. However, default vcore was at 1.35v which is crazy! I have it manually set to 1.22v and fully stable under load at 70c.

Back
Top Bottom