• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel 11400 - a gem for gamers?

Soldato
Soldato
Just done some digging and both B560 and H570 are all to similar in offerings. Not much stock of anything at the moment though, slim in choices. Was looking for the Gigabyte Aorus B560 ITX, can't find anything yet.

Associate
Hi all, just looking to finally upgrade from a 4790K (like someone else in this thread) and I think I will go for a B560i board. I'm not totally up to speed on which RAM to select, any suggestions (especially with speed? Don't need/want RGB!) I will be going for 16Gb I think.

Associate
What case did you choose? Thinking of the H210.

Was tempted to get the 11600K but not sure if a B560 chipset can be used to OC a K series, only mem speed.

Might just get the 11400 if that's the case.
I went with the Thermaltake Tower 100. Now it’s not the smallest case in ITX terms but it’s just lovely to look at. Looks like a little vending machine haha

Soldato
Correct me if I'm wrong but the B560 i think can only OC memory, H570 cannot?

The difference was £5ish and the H570 included rear 10gb USB ports. That's about it. Memory overclocking works fine on H570.

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H570M Pro4/index.asp#Specification

https://www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/B560M Pro4/index.asp

I would have been fine with either, but the H570 was in stock.

This gives a good guide.

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/compare.html?productIds=196645,196613

The H570 can have 14 USB vs 12, and 20 PCI express lanes vs 12, and can support RAID.

Soldato
Hi all, just looking to finally upgrade from a 4790K (like someone else in this thread) and I think I will go for a B560i board. I'm not totally up to speed on which RAM to select, any suggestions (especially with speed? Don't need/want RGB!) I will be going for 16Gb I think.

Any DDR4 3200MHz kits will suffice, currently looking at the ASUS ROG B560-I for £159.98 but would like more options so may delay for a few weeks.

Associate
Any DDR4 3200MHz kits will suffice, currently looking at the ASUS ROG B560-I for £159.98 but would like more options so may delay for a few weeks.

thanks. I’ll need ITX as well so I’ll take a look.

this evening however I had another moment of ‘do I even really need this though?’ :p

Associate
the asrock was one of the few in stock when I ordered. It has its own issues though. The main one being only one of the three fan headers can detect 3 pin fans being connected. The result of this is that you either have to use all pwm fans or a splitter. Problem is that I have a pwm aio attached that depends on pwm for correct operation and the fans just run at 100% all of the time as there is no DC control.
It’s not the end of the world, I purchased a couple of pwm fans but the aio fan is an rgb model. It’s quite annoying actually.

Only got the 10400 in my asrock b560 but it runs so cool with a h60 and two case fans its not a issue

Soldato
Why the 10th gen still get the unlocked memory on the b560 and at least 2 m2 slots on most of the boards

Yeah, and that's a good idea as well.
And being limited to 2666 speed ram isn't great.
And b460 can't take 11th gen in the future if you wanted to upgrade.

On the other hand, £70 is cheaper that any of the b560s. Has 2 X m.2 from the chipset, where most b560s have 1 from the CPU that would be disabled + 1 from the chipset. And some other features that lower end b560 boards don't have.

Associate
Yeah, and that's a good idea as well.
And being limited to 2666 speed ram isn't great.
And b460 can't take 11th gen in the future if you wanted to upgrade.

On the other hand, £70 is cheaper that any of the b560s. Has 2 X m.2 from the chipset, where most b560s have 1 from the CPU that would be disabled + 1 from the chipset. And some other features that lower end b560 boards don't have.

Your call but would rather pay £30 more for the faster memory and the option on three m2 drives if I did put a 11th gen in at a later date

Personally £30 for a extra m2 drive i

Soldato
Nice. Did you get free games?

The boards I think are going quick. I had the last in stock of mine.

Just received the voucher code as i typed.

Both Asus and Asrock seem to be the first on scene early, but awaiting more options from Gigabyte and MSI.

Thinking of pairing the CPU with this memory:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £98.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Soldato
Just received the voucher code as i typed.

Both Asus and Asrock seem to be the first on scene early, but awaiting more options from Gigabyte and MSI.

Thinking of pairing the CPU with this memory:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £98.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Brill. Hitman or the Anno one?

Yeah, looks like a good kit. 2 x dual rank sticks is probably ideal for a 2 slot board, but would probs cost a lot more.

Soldato
Brill. Hitman or the Anno one?

Yeah, looks like a good kit. 2 x dual rank sticks is probably ideal for a 2 slot board, but would probs cost a lot more.

Anno 1800, need to make an account to access the other titles which i haven't done yet.

Not set on the memory but have been looking for a decent deal, 3200/3600 kits depending on prices.

Soldato
Anno 1800, need to make an account to access the other titles which i haven't done yet.

Not set on the memory but have been looking for a decent deal, 3200/3600 kits depending on prices.

Just get Crucial Ballistix, its cheap, has good compatibility and OCs well if you want to. Think it was from £64 last time I checked.

Back
Top Bottom