intel 945GM & games... help please

Associate
I've got a new laptop and its pretty good apart from the graphics card which is a 945gm 128mb.

i've got the latest drivers ( i think ) yet when i try to play hl2 and css they both are really really... rubbish.

could anyone help me sort out the fps in those games? mainly css.

i know before it was possible to change the configs around to put some graphics to a minimum, if someone could show me how to do that again i'll do it (such as turning off the rain etc)

otherwise anything that would mean running the game at 30fps+

TIA

Associate
I tried running CSS on my laptop which has (I think) a 955 Intel chip and it was so pathetic there really was no hope. 1-5 FPS in general peaking at a probable max of 10. To top it off it looked like old games did in Software mode :) so on lowest settings won't help any.

Associate
OP
I've managed to obtain a max of 30fps on the lowest possible settings, and an average of 10 fps.

easy maps such as fy maps obtained 60fps.

i have 2gb of ram, the max my laptop can have.

i don't suppose putting a new gfx card is an option is it

Soldato
Not in most laptops no :(

Theres a new external PCIE socket device coming from ASUS, but ideally, if you want to play games, perhaps take the laptop back as unsuitable for purpose, and get a new one.

Soldato
If you want to do any serious gaming on a laptop you need to get the right one. Otherwise, pick older games that have some of running at a decent framerate.

Associate
OP
yeah i spose. shame, quite liked css.

i've heard of the asus thing, but thats gna be a lot of money, and ill need another monitor and a graphic card.

AOE 1 for me then ;)

Suspended
lol im kinda of in the same boat as you but i have the 950 chipset with 1GB of ram runing vista im going to try download a newish game demo and see what happens, not hopeing for much tho

Back
Top Bottom