INTEL CORE I9 9900K with maximus hero slow boot & applications

Associate
Hi All,

First time posting as I usually work through issues myself as I hate being beaten lol. Purchased the above from OC all went together well no issues at all no beeps or problems! However the boot process is taking forever and when it finally loads into windows 10 it feels like I am running an old pentium! I have 16gb ddr4 which came as part of the bundle I have one ssd and 3 normal HDD's attached plus the 256g M.2 SSD which also came with the bundle. Just can't work out why the whole system is lagging so badly, I have set the boot priority as well I just cannot seem to find out whats going on.

I am getting no errors at all, and nothing is obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Associate
OP
Could well be what was odd is my usual win 10 install was installed on my ssd which I had from my previous PC (before the upgrade) however I think the free M2SSD that came already installed on the board also has windows on it so maybe you are right maybe a clash there somewhere. My most important data is on my HDDs so hopefully none of it will be affected if I do a fresh install?

Associate
OP
This is driving me crazy now! Went back to the bare bones and still the system is as slow as a snail running out of ideas!!!!!

Associate
OP
Yea may have to give that a go! I have just gone in to task manager and there is something running called “system interrupts” taking up 86% of cpu usage what the hell is that! Also wanted to ask the supply to the cpu has a 8 pin which I have plugged into psi but there is also a four pin as well do I have to use the four pin as well to power the cpu?

Soldato
You do need to sort out the Windows on multiple drives thing. Also, the other day someone with a new pre-built was complaining about lag even on the desktop clicking things and they said it turned out to be graphics driver that needed updating. I'd never have guessed that could cause that kind of lag.

Back
Top Bottom