Intel finally releases new NUC 11

Soldato
Nice!
Pricing seems about expected from a look online. One seller on taobao says 24th January before they get stock though.
I'd really like one to mess about with, but I just don't need it! NUC5i5 still going strong.

Associate
I've been waiting for the Panther Canyon (NUC 11 Performance) for ages but it looks like they are reserved for the Asian market. There's a NUC store based in UK/US who also have a store in Asia where you can preorder but their prices are ridiculous and they might have stopped taking preorders since the announcement. looks like it's going to have to be the NUC 11 Pro then.

Associate
OP
I've been waiting for the Panther Canyon (NUC 11 Performance) for ages but it looks like they are reserved for the Asian market. There's a NUC store based in UK/US who also have a store in Asia where you can preorder but their prices are ridiculous and they might have stopped taking preorders since the announcement. looks like it's going to have to be the NUC 11 Pro then.

There is not much difference between the Performance and Pro

Performance has microphones and headset jack

Pro has 24x7 operation and expansion board, but loses the microphones and headset jack

With a Pro, how I would I connect a normal analog headset (Zoom etc)?

Associate
There is not much difference between the Performance and Pro

Performance has microphones and headset jack

Pro has 24x7 operation and expansion board, but loses the microphones and headset jack

With a Pro, how I would I connect a normal analog headset (Zoom etc)?

Except the price lol.

I'm sure the Performance can run 24/7.

You'd probably have to go Bluetooth/USB for headset.

Associate
OP
Except the price lol.

I'm sure the Performance can run 24/7.

You'd probably have to go Bluetooth/USB for headset.

Oh yes, sorry!

The spec sheet for the Pro says Up to 7.1 multichannel (or 8-channel) digital audio on HDMI and DP type C ports so I assume it has the same soundchip as the Peformance. Can you get a HDMI analog converter? Or would I be looking at a AV surround sound receiver?

Soldato
Seems like a pretty nice until. The GPU is decent as well but it's a shame they couldn't have waiting for the RTX 3000 series as the 2060 is getting on a bit.

Given the current GPU and component shortage it's not actually bad value either for this compact a form factor IMO.

A minor aesthetic detail but I love how you can custom cut a sheet of plastic to add your own logo in place of the skull if you like!

Associate
OP
Seems like a pretty nice until. The GPU is decent as well but it's a shame they couldn't have waiting for the RTX 3000 series as the 2060 is getting on a bit.

Given the current GPU and component shortage it's not actually bad value either for this compact a form factor IMO.
A minor aesthetic detail but I love how you can custom cut a sheet of plastic to add your own logo in place of the skull if you like!

Interesting, its quieter compared to the normal NUC11s!

About £1000 barebones here

Back
Top Bottom