• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel i5-4670K or AMD FX-9370?

Caporegime
I'm looking to put a PC together, for gaming, with a CPU, PSU, Motherboard, GPU, Cooler and Memory for up to £900.

Now in regards to the CPU, which is the best to go for?
I've been looking at both the Intel i5-4670K and the AMD FX-9370 Black Edition.

The AMD is almost £10 more than the Intel. Either will be run under a Corsair H105 for cooling.

Why should one be the choice over the other? As I say, the primary use is for gaming.

Soldato
yep, charging maybe 10% extra for 100MHz increase on stock, which is *that* much important on unlocked K CPUs.

Perhaps, but more importantly you might see some good deals on current i5's. Depends how quickly the OP wants to build a machine, I would personally wait and see, its only a matter of weeks now.

Associate
You don't need 9xxx series, i have 8350, i bought my system 2 months ago and i can say this is a decent cpu, if you like to OC, with AMD cpu is a real fun, but you neeed good cooling system and case to take out the heat. I have good gaming performance (very very good) with 290x, and yeah, not bottlenecks the GPU the CPU.

Soldato
Just to throw another option out there. You could opt for a Xeon, you get i7 performance for i5 price. Will perform better than the FX even if the FX is overclocked while the Xeon is stock. Use less power and run cool and quiet.

Xeon 1230v3 is around £179 now. Amazing performance for the price.

Back
Top Bottom