• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Associate
What concerns me is that if i only get my conroe in say 3 weeks or something, will all the other components i ordered depreciate in value, or something better being available!

Soldato
So realy overs have got huge amounts of pre-orders and all that cash from it sitting in there bank account gathering interest while the customers now have to wait atleast 2 weeks or could be longer for there goods.

Soldato
"Lucky For Me" I'm getting all my stuff come mid/end August - waiting for my paycheck and decent Mobos...

Wasn't suprised about this really, just hope when stock do comes in for the E6600, plenty will be come August.

OcUK Staff
OP
Jabbs said:
So realy overs have got huge amounts of pre-orders and all that cash from it sitting in there bank account gathering interest while the customers now have to wait atleast 2 weeks or could be longer for there goods.

Nobody forces you to pre-order! So stop your moaning.........

Pre-order is an optional thing and yes we do take payment, quite common knowledge now.
When stock does arrive obviously those with pre-orders are 1st in the queue.

Associate
These delays are quite timely... The Apple Worldwide dev conf starts on the 7th Aug. So, my guess is on the 7th of August, Apple will kick off the conference with new products, claims a first to have in *retail availability* on the same day. Then OCUK and it's loyal customers, including my order early this morning will likely see some cpu's coming their way in the following days. This theory = mid August deliveries.

Now, there are many rumors that suggest an Apple product line which may exclude the X6800 and so there's no real harm if Intel launches that cpu to the 'pc community'. However, the rest of the Core Duo 2 family is now paper launched but not available. It's a Apple/Intel partnership love affair thang.

Oh well, yet another dissapointment, OCUK has the cash, but customer left to wait (NOT OCUK's to be fair).

Gibbo, it would be nice if there was a hold on the debit process and only take the money on the day it ships, use our payment info (aka credit cards / debit cards) as security. Just a thought, at least customers may not feel so hard done by.

-casw1000

Last edited:
Associate
We are attempting to source more OEM product sooner.

I appreciate it is all if's and but's - but should you get some OEM E6600's in stock before the retail ones, would be possible for us pre-order people to have the option of changing our orders?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
ozzy said:
I appreciate it is all if's and but's - but should you get some OEM E6600's in stock before the retail ones, would be possible for us pre-order people to have the option of changing our orders?

Nope because if we put them on pre-order and retails do happen to turn up sooner than everybody would be changing their orders back.

If I do 110% source more OEM then it will go on the site but not until I know 110% !!

OcUK Staff
OP
casw1000 said:
Gibbo, it would be nice if there was a hold on the debit process and only take the money on the day it ships, use our payment info (aka credit cards / debit cards) as security. Just a thought, at least customers may not feel so hard done by.

-casw1000

That would cause a lot of problems.

As when you/customer place order you have funds available if we were to wait and charge the card you may not have funds and hence take you overdrawn or decline payment.

Or you may completely forget you've placed a backorder and when a month later a large SUM of money dissapears from your account could get scary.

Then there is the fact you may pay on a card that expires shortly afterwards.

Not taking payment when order is placed is just opening the door to a whole host of problems.

Imagine how annoyed you would be if you were 1st in the queue and stock came in but you never got yours because when attempting to charge the card there was issues and as such you missed out.

This is why payment is taken immediately as then you the customer gets no surprises and you get your product at the earliest possible time.

Associate
Gibbo - Please update the C2D page to advise potential buyers that the leadtime will be longer than planned. This may help prevent any missunderstandings with potentially new OCUK customers who may not visit these forums and not be aware of the paper launch.

This way, your more likely to earn respect from first time buyers for your 'upfront' approach. (IMHO)

I know someone else mentioned this, so I am just bumping that comment. ;)

Thx,
-casw1000

Associate
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Right as follows:-

E6300 OEM - 200 Units arriving Thursday/Friday this week!
E6300 - E6700 Retail - Today was just a paper launch only! What a flop! Intel and distributors say stock will not hit until middle of August but are guaranteeing that OcUK will be first with stock at beginning of August with plenty of product to clear all backorders and more.
X6800 - Plenty in stock still!

All I can say is what a big dissapointment as the 24th July (today) was a mere paper launch for Conroe, officially stock will not hit until Mid August but Intel have promised to make sure were the first UK stockist with product 1st week of August.

We are attempting to source more OEM product sooner.

I have to say I am a bit annoyed as I am sure many others are to hear this. If you can make X6800's you can make 6600's and every domination in between so to claim there is no stock is not accurate.

Would it be more accurate to say that you (OCUK) cannot source stock before the 1st week of August? Regardless of whether you will be first in the UK or not.

Once again the marketing lies shine through. Though you have to ask yourself why you waited until the day they were due to arrive with yourselves to ask the question. Are they going to arrive. You can't tell me no one knew. Distributors must have known when they were getting stock. Intel certainly know when they have shipped stuff from their distribution points. So if you were dealing directly with Intel. Are your contacts so bad they aren't even being honest with you now?

I am not saying OCUK is to blame because you probably got your information from Intel UK or a distributor. Now regardless of which, do you really want to continue to deal with the individuals within either company that fed you such drasticly inaccurate information? The information which is sullying OCUK's reputation and destroying customer trust.

Do you honestly expect your customers to trust the next date you issue?

That's not to say we don't appreciate your efforts, because we do but you have let us down. You know you have. Take it on the chin and make it right. Impress us with your resourcefulness. We challenge you!

Back
Top Bottom