• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Soldato
sunama said:
Perhaps the people who have already taken delivery of their cpus are getting a bit nervous to overclock - it sounds strange but you never know.

Tomorrow lots of people should be taking delivery, so I'm sure we will see lots of overclocking results.

Im still debating whether or not I should spend £700 on the upgrade (new mobo, ram, video card, cpu, waterblocks) from my current [email protected].
somehow i doubt the first part, i think 99% will be buying conroe to oc, on your other part, its not going to cost you £700 is it, surely you can sell a decent mobo ram and cpu for about 200?

Soldato
Bradmax57 said:
somehow i doubt the first part, i think 99% will be buying conroe to oc, on your other part, its not going to cost you £700 is it, surely you can sell a decent mobo ram and cpu for about 200?

Well I know a few people did get X6800 cpus over a week ago, yet we have heard virtually nothing from these people with regards to overclocking. They all seem to be running these CPUs at stock, which is madness. All the overclocks we hear about are from engineering samples.

Probably after postage costs I'd end up getting £150 for my current setup. But that still leaves me with a bill of £550 (I'm currently having 2 ceilings sound proofed in preparation for my home cinema stuff which is all costing me an arm and a leg, so all my money is being channelled into that).

Soldato
Hi Gibbo,

Is it possible to give us realistic dates for E6600?

Some suppliers are quoting dates of around 21st of Aug which seems rather long for me.

I'd be greatful if you could give us some ETA's :)

Associate
Bradmax57 said:
Somehow I doubt the first part, I think 99% will be buying conroe to OC

I think anyone who builds there own PC will definately be overclocking, if they don't they deserve to be spanked heavily with a big slipper!!!

pic_big_slippers_uni.jpg

not the little one the big one!!!

Back
Top Bottom