• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Associate
Tigjaw said:
So if I've already bought a cooler then I can order the OEM? (sorry if that's stupid :))

Yup :) No need for the retail version!

Tigjaw said:
To order to OEM do you have to specify that on the phone?

Nope :), it will be listed on the OcUK as OEM, i.e. it'll say OEM next to the description.

OcUK Staff
OP
Aurhinius said:
I have to say I am a bit annoyed as I am sure many others are to hear this. If you can make X6800's you can make 6600's and every domination in between so to claim there is no stock is not accurate.

Would it be more accurate to say that you (OCUK) cannot source stock before the 1st week of August? Regardless of whether you will be first in the UK or not.

Once again the marketing lies shine through. Though you have to ask yourself why you waited until the day they were due to arrive with yourselves to ask the question. Are they going to arrive. You can't tell me no one knew. Distributors must have known when they were getting stock. Intel certainly know when they have shipped stuff from their distribution points. So if you were dealing directly with Intel. Are your contacts so bad they aren't even being honest with you now?

I am not saying OCUK is to blame because you probably got your information from Intel UK or a distributor. Now regardless of which, do you really want to continue to deal with the individuals within either company that fed you such drasticly inaccurate information? The information which is sullying OCUK's reputation and destroying customer trust.

Do you honestly expect your customers to trust the next date you issue?

That's not to say we don't appreciate your efforts, because we do but you have let us down. You know you have. Take it on the chin and make it right. Impress us with your resourcefulness. We challenge you!

Right lets state some facts!

This is a huge important launch, so important that I myself have pestered the UK's six main distributors and a couple of European ones regarding stock and leadtimes. There answer has always been we will know more on July 24th the supposedly launch day.
I have spoken to Intel detailing/updating them on our backorder status along with all UK distributors and a couple of European ones too. Again this all increase the chances of getting great allocation.

So today comes and in all honesty myself and distributors were hoping to get some stock in. Wheras all that happens is a handful of X6800's arrive at just a couple of distributors.

So today all distributors have been on the phone to Intel basically asking whats going on, when will they see stock. I've been doing the same.....

Intels advice was to take any OEM we get offered and expect Retail product in August.

I've never know a launch like it to be quite frank, AMD launches have always been a lot smoother.

You as customers feel let down, imagine how we feel as I think everybody was genuinely expecting Intel to ship good stocks this week hence why so many other Etailors are listing product for sale as well.

Its just a matter of having to wait when we get stock we will let you know like we always do no matter how small quantity. The fact remains we were the first to place backorders with all distributors and kept Intel well informed so they know to deliver good stocks to us at the earliest possible date.

Regarding customers trusting us is upto them, we merely place the dates were informed via the manufacturer/distributor. Things get delayed in this industry and we can't be to blame for just passing information on.

But I think whats best to keep everybody happy I will no longer post on these forums and just do as other sites do which is place product on pre-order or not bother at all. Because its impossible to please all, I don't see competitors informing their customers as to why this launch has turned out to be a complete flop. To be honest it seems pointless in me doing the same and wasting my time as everybody just picks a new point to moan about.

I am fustrated as there is nothing worse than seeing orders not ship and I can understand customers fustration but OcUK is working its damn hardest to get stock here soonest but like everybody we are in INTELS hands!

Associate
Beenom said:
Nope :), it will be listed on the OcUK as OEM, i.e. it'll say OEM next to the description.

Oh yes I see, but there doesn't seem to be an OEM for the E6600..I've already pre-ordered so will I get the OEM or retail? I'm confuzzled.

Associate
Tigjaw said:
Oh yes I see, but there doesn't seem to be an OEM for the E6600..I've already pre-ordered so will I get the OEM or retail? I'm confuzzled.

Yeah... OcUK haven't listed the OEM Core 2 Duos yet. We don't even know if they're going to be available before the retail ones, or if they even will be available. When and if OcUK have them, they should have them up on their site. Right now its only the retail ones...

Associate
Beenom said:
Yeah... OcUK haven't listed the OEM Core 2 Duos yet. We don't even know if they're going to be available before the retail ones, or if they even will be available. When and if OcUK have them, they should have them up on their site. Right now its only the retail ones...

Aha, thanks for clearing that up :) Gibbo said the OEM should be out first and as I only need the OEM I thought I'd grab one of them instead.

Another thing, are the conroe motherboards also being delayed? such as the Intel DP965LT 965? Gibbo any light?

Associate
So basicly what your saying if I read you correctly is Intel just kept fobbing you off until they had to come out with the truth.

I bet you are as ****** off as us then. Still you know how this works Gibbo, we are the customer, you are the supplier. We pass the crap to you and you pass the crap to Intel. None of which does anyone any good but makes us feel like we are doing something when in all honesty we have no control over the situation :)

I'm just annoyed because I booked time off work which is in very short supply at the moment to put together a Conroe system. Now I have time off and no components. No I can't reschedule the time off either.

Don't swear! FF.

Last edited:
Soldato
Type_R said:
Funniest thing is, another competitor had informed me that stock would not be available until 10th August on the E6600!!

So they seemed to know ahead of OCUK when the "actual" launch date was. Seems that OCUK's Intel contacts have let them down badly and as a consequence, OCUK have had to let their customers down.

Im sure Intel had planned this a long time ago. I refuse to believe that this was a spare of the moment decision and its a shame that OCUK's contact could not pass this information on sooner.

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
You as customers feel let down, imagine how we feel as I think everybody was genuinely expecting Intel to ship good stocks this week hence why so many other Etailors are listing product for sale as well.

Somehow I think you are feeling slightly better than the customer due to the huge amount of revenue you have generated!

Hey ho, these things happen, my beef for whats its worth is that I go on holiday on Saturday for two weeks and you can bet your bottom dollar they ship just as I leave !!!

Does you european delivery include P and O cruise ships in the Canaries !!!

Associate
I can see this thread being a 50 pager!! lol

Although I'm not currently waiting for a Conroe, I am a little upset with the fact that we will not be seeing a multitude of threads based of the Overclocks of these!!

Its a real shame tbh, hope you all get your CPU's soon!!!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Aurhinius said:
So basicly what your saying if I read you correctly is Intel just kept fobbing you off until they had to come out with the truth.

I bet you are as ****** off as us then. Still you know how this works Gibbo, we are the customer, you are the supplier. We pass the crap to you and you pass the crap to Intel. None of which does anyone any good but makes us feel like we are doing something when in all honesty we have no control over the situation :)

Nope Intel just said Monday is the day and distributors will sort allocation then. So as you can imagine you'd expect several different SKUs to ship. Yet the only thing that has shipped is X6800's. Maybe Intel should have named this the X6800 launch as thats the only thing they have shipped.

Now the truth seems to be early to middle August with the possibility of OEM sooner......

I understand how it works but I come on here giving you guys the information I have been given, in essence I am just passing it on. I don't have to do this and to be frank when all I get is confrontation I don't really see the point of doing it, might as well just leave you all guessing could be an option if I did not care...........

Associate
First things first though, if this is all true then the phone-sales personel need to be sorted out, I'm saying that because they have got our hopes up again (those of us who've rang OCuk up) and it's definately not good business for the company. Communication is key.

Also, they haven't done Gibbo any favours, sounds like he's getting a bit annoyed by the trouble they've seemingly caused.

Associate
Ah but as I said in my original post we appreciate the efforts you go to which is why OCUK gets my order over anyone else.

We trust you and that is something to be proud of.

We all should have known better but we wanted to believe ;)

Associate
I'm glad I waited for a decent motherboard now & didn't buy: the bad axe with its poor o/c options, the dfi with it's low fsb ceiling and inadequate sata sockets or the Asus with the wrong bios and v droop.

Hopefully there will be E6600's for around £225 and a lanparty to go with it by mid August. :)

Associate
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Its only an extra week until they should arrive?

Don't see what people are complaining about really. You seem to be able to post here, I'm sure you'll survive an extra week without a new CPU. ;)

Heh, bless the old computer aye, at least this thing can get on the net. I'm just a bit more sour than the average joe here because my other computer blew up on me so I don't have much of an outlet to do my work or play my new games.

Honestly, Gibbo, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say nobody wants to upset you or blame you...like I said, if it weren't for the incompetence of the phone-sales personel then there wouldn't have been half this trouble today.

Associate
Le_Petit_Lapin said:
Its only an extra week until they should arrive?

Hopefully that's true, Intel have promised OcUK... though I wouldn't trust Intel's promises now :rolleyes:. If OEMs are available earlier, then maybe within this week? Maybe... ah well more waiting... :(

OcUK Staff
OP
Aurhinius said:
Ah but as I said in my original post we appreciate the efforts you go to which is why OCUK gets my order over anyone else.

We trust you and that is something to be proud of.

We all should have known better but we wanted to believe ;)

To be quite honest I fell into the same trap. :(

Intel been such a big player they are you'd expect to be able to get a launch right with plenty of stock. Yet clearly something has delayed their production along the line, not what you'd expect from a giant like Intel.

I even spoke to DELL today and they have no Conroe CPU's available either and you'd expect them to be first, so Intel have clearly had delays.

I'd like to think stock will be here in approx a week but my gut feeling is more like two weeks.

Also unfortunately my job is not as easy as just speaking to Mr Intel all day. I've had AMD stock to source due to the price drop and the sales have been mental and sourcing stock hard. Then there is all the general purchasing and product manager dutues to get done as well, its been a busy stressful day!

Back
Top Bottom