• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Gibbo said:
I understand how it works but I come on here giving you guys the information I have been given, in essence I am just passing it on. I don't have to do this and to be frank when all I get is confrontation I don't really see the point of doing it, might as well just leave you all guessing could be an option if I did not care...........

I was worried you was going to start thinking like that, they just don't understand the logistics of how it all works, dude don't stop posting new information regarding new products releases, dates etc on the forums, its one of the main reasons I like shopping @ OcUK, I'm sure a lot of people appreciate the work your putting into trying to source these chips early but at times like this your only going to see the negative.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
But I think whats best to keep everybody happy I will no longer post on these forums and just do as other sites do which is place product on pre-order or not bother at all. Because its impossible to please all, I don't see competitors informing their customers as to why this launch has turned out to be a complete flop. To be honest it seems pointless in me doing the same and wasting my time as everybody just picks a new point to moan about.

I am fustrated as there is nothing worse than seeing orders not ship and I can understand customers fustration but OcUK is working its damn hardest to get stock here soonest but like everybody we are in INTELS hands!

Not everybody is blameing OCUK, in my line of work , we get let down by suppliers on a regular basis and we have to take the flak from our customers when things go wrong.

Most people know that your not to blame and understand you are doing your hardest to get stock, keep up the good work :)

Soldato
Gibbo must be right guys , the person i know here and works very closely with the distributors of Intel have been caught in surprise too, intel told them that on the 24th they will ship goods or they will be available for collection . But suddenly no stock whatsoever ....strange policy from intel dont you think , think that intel has loads of factories around the globe and its capacity is enormous (compared to AMD)

so the latest from an official distributor abroad is that e6300-6400 retail will be available after the 4th of august and 6600-6700 end of august... :eek:

Associate
Honestly i think they are just trying to milk the X6800 launch Gibbo. They'll drag it out for a week or two more to capitalise on those that can't wait any longer. If they can make the 6800's they just need to rebadge them and call them 6600's. They could if they wanted too.

Of course it could just be as you say they haven't made as many as they thought they would and they are filling the Far east and American markets to demand first.

Associate
Gibbo said:
Nope because if we put them on pre-order and retails do happen to turn up sooner than everybody would be changing their orders back.

If I do 110% source more OEM then it will go on the site but not until I know 110% !!

I should feel relieved that i don't need to keep checking my email for a shipment confirmation for a while now, but it seems i will now have to keep my eyes on the Core2Duo page in case the OEM 6600's go up there for preorder, then i'll order one of those and just cancel the Retail one if these ship first... or vice-versa.

Surely to save people like me ordering two and then canceling its worth letting us put ourselves down for whichever arrives first?

Soldato
Gibbo will be as wound up as everyone else to be fair.

In my line of work big companies can let me down, I get the flak from customers for it. Dissapontment all around. All you can do Gibbo is give your contacts at Intel/Distributors some firm feedback...

Soldato
so.. as i pre- ordered the 6400 it wont be coming for a while BUT, asi need this CPU quick otherwise will go mental im going to change my order to
"Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.86GHz (1066FSB) - OEM (CP-135-IN) "

would there be any left ?

i dont have my card details with me right now i will by tomorrow then i will contact OcUK for changes.

Soldato
Gibbo said:
Nobody forces you to pre-order! So stop your moaning.........

Pre-order is an optional thing and yes we do take payment, quite common knowledge now.
When stock does arrive obviously those with pre-orders are 1st in the queue.

Hey this guy is a customer here, should you really be talking to your paying public like this?

Soldato
Gibbo, I have to say I feel for you mate.

In my opinion there is a negative for every positive. Ying / Yang etc etc.

By using the forums to promote the goods on the website, the forums are gonna be the medium used to complain despite the fact its against the rules.

Also, you have been stirring up everyones interest and we are all on the edge of our seat so when you don't deliver, you can expect a bit of flak.

i learned long ago in my business not to promise to deliver someone something untill I had it in stock - it's not just the computer industry who have supply and logistics problems like this - it's over every sector.

Motto is : you live by the sword, you die by the sword. The forums are a great community provided by OcUk but using them to stir up a shed load of pre-orders was asking for trouble mate and telling one such user to stop moaning is I suppose a result of stress from said situation. I feel for you but I wonder how much of this could have been avoided if the need to steal a march on the competition wasn't so great. Most other etailers seem to be content to sit back and allow the flexing of credit cards when the time is right i.e. stock is available for delivery - most of the orders solicited from the forums would have come to OcUk anyway - they/re a thankful, loyal bunch.

Back
Top Bottom