• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Associate
mercyless said:
lol

but seriously intel should have had this sorted long time now, i'm abit suprised tbh as x6800 are out aplenty.
it reminds me of ati 800 xtpe time.

i think the x6800 probably sold better than expected,so intel have decided to delay the release of the rest of the range in order to encourage people who want new CPUs NOW to buy the far more expensive product. means more money for intel, quite a dirty trick but i bet in the long run it works for them

Associate
Although clearly some people will be disappointed at having to wait longer, I think I speak for a lot of members when I say that we appreciate being told that there's a delay and we appreciate information, updates, etc.! Even if it's bad news, it's better than just being left hanging with no information and not knowing what's going on.

Thanks OcUK! :)

Associate
As with all new product launches their are bound to be problems, whether it be actually sourcing the product or otherwise annoying issues.....

Personally i'm waiting to order and while slightly dissapointed I can't really see what all the fuss is about, it's only a couple of weeks and everyone's been banging on about Conroe for the past 6 months! I can also see no point in pre-ordering products that arrive in dribs and drabs, it would only serve to fustrate me more!

Intel are just using one of the oldest tricks in the book from a manufacturers standpoint, knowing that short supply of stock in demand does wonders for holding prices as high as possible..... Just like when Sony release a new playstation, they always realease about 10% of what is actually demanded!

There is no point whatsoever in bitching and whining at Gibbo or anyone else at OcUK about Intels shortcomings, from experience all I can say is that they always seem to do whatever they can, and at least they've now informed everyone of the situation instead of not communicating anything at all.

MM

Associate
lucifersam said:
i think the x6800 probably sold better than expected,so intel have decided to delay the release of the rest of the range in order to encourage people who want new CPUs NOW to buy the far more expensive product. means more money for intel, quite a dirty trick but i bet in the long run it works for them

a dirty trick indeed.
i have'nt pre-order any c2d, but i feel it for everyone who has and was expecting their goods in a day or two, now more delays.
just hope that intel get it right for august time-ish.

Associate
suppose when you do get them the heatwave will be over and they should clock a little more.
In hindsight i don't think this will cheer too many people up.....
Jobe

Associate
well i was planning on buying a lowly LGA775 chippy as a spare in case anyhting goes wrong - guess that now thats what i'll run until my 6600 comes into stock.

i already have everything else i need and have buyers lined up for parts of my old kit.

guess this shows us all how much intel really value their customers though :(

Associate
I am just annoyed because I got time off to build a PC I will not have components for and that time off was VERY hard to come by. I won't be getting time off again any time soon and I have to take it now that I booked it.

So I have a reason to be miffed.. there is still hope perhaps if they turn up before friday the 4th

Associate
shimy182 said:
so.. as i pre- ordered the 6400 it wont be coming for a while BUT, asi need this CPU quick otherwise will go mental im going to change my order to
"Intel Core 2 DUO E6300 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.86GHz (1066FSB) - OEM (CP-135-IN) "

would there be any left ?

I'd be interested to know this as well, although I expect they've probably all been snapped up by now!

Associate
mercyless said:
a dirty trick indeed.

It certainly is, Intel have succeeded in completely ******* me right off today.
I thought the timing was great, the launch was coninciding with me having time off work and now they've put it back to when I'm going to be back at work and have to muck about with trying to get stuff delivered. Thanks very much Intel :rolleyes:

If the CPU's weren't going to be released today then they shouldn't have left everyone with the distinct impression that they were.

Don
Poor Gibbo, customers are never happy mate, I hope that you continue posting on the forums mate... its really appriciated the customer service you provide, its the reason I buy from Overclockers

Stelly

Back
Top Bottom