• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

Associate
-|ScottFree|- said:
I demand you to overclock that E6600 for the love of god man!!! ;)

Hehe, I've never overclocked before but once I get my rig, knowing the conroe's have got some nice low stock-temperatures I may feel comfortable having a dabble. I'll have to get in the 'know-how' while I'm waiting for my components to arrive!

I thought this whole thing was a ruse by OCuk but now we've finally had words I feel assured to believe Intel are the king of marketing ploys this time. I've said several times how convenient it is that the most expensive and the cheapest conroes are on sale first and I honestly thought OCuk were behind it but Gibbo obviously wouldn't be so frustrated if it were true; Intel are playing a terrible game.

Not that OCuk aren't to blame at all, somebody definately needs to sort out the phone-sales personel because 90% of the problems today has been influenced by their false promises about the release of the 'said' conroes. The phone-guys are obviously not connected enough to the warehouse and it needs to be fixed because Gibbo's day would have been a hell of a lot less stressful if those guys hadn't spread such misguided hope.

Gibbo, sorry for being riled, I'm sure everybody is, just know that in the future it would probably be the best advice to immediately lay the blame onto somebody else, at least it will take the emphasis of you guys and give your customers an outlet to vent their frustration.

Associate
Yeah Gibbo, I feel your pain, Im a buyer too and know what its like to be let down by distys. But one question if the prices change of the order I placed which was a enermax 620 and a e6600 will I get refunded the difference by the time my order ships?

Soldato
I think it makes it worse now where all used to Nvidia type launches. I suspect this was staged to hit AMD but all they have done is hit the suppliers and customers. X6800 in stock LOL. Poor show Intel I expected more.

On the plus side there seems to be plenty of suppliers with OEM 6300

Soldato
Digital Punk said:
There was someone on these forums not long ago claiming that there wouldn't be delays and that yields were really good.

Bet they feel stupid now!

The yields are good. We see this with the fact that they are able to flood the market with their fastest cpu. When yields are bad, generally what tends to happen is you see many of the slower cpus but very few of the faster ones. Who knows why they are doing what they are doing.

In forums in the USA, they seemed to have been convinced that 27th July was the launch date, some time ago. I guess the american consumers will also be affected and dissapointed by this too.

I think that it has to do with them milking the x6800 for all its worth. The Apple/Intel theory would also be plausible.

Soldato
kyhoola said:
Not instock?

I find it very hard to believe, especially as you have said over and over again that Ocuk are *supposedly* the first to get them in UK, yet another etailer today has emailed and already sent out an e6600 to my father in law and have THEM IN STOCK.

I think either someone is telling porkies about negociations with intel or they have been done....

Ouch...

Associate
If you have to air frieght some E6600's from the US I think we'd all be happy Gibbo.

Even if there was a £20 extra charge or something. OEM's or not. Maybe HP have some.

MGP

MGP

Soldato
I wonder how much Intel have shot themselves in the foot with this debacle and played into the hands of AMD. Yes AMD may have dropped some prices, but as Gibbo said earlier demand has increased. There is still a turnover game. I for one was waiting for the conroes, fortunately I didn't preorder, but now it looks like AMD X2's might do what I really need for less money. After all do I really need to pay for cutting edge when it's going to be out of date so quick anyway.

And at least motherboards and stuff have been around to match up with AMD so we don't have to mess with swapping CPUs just to update BIOS and stuff.

Caporegime
MGP said:
I wonder how much Intel have shot themselves in the foot with this debacle and played into the hands of AMD. Yes AMD may have dropped some prices, but as Gibbo said earlier demand has increased. There is still a turnover game. I for one was waiting for the conroes, fortunately I didn't preorder, but now it looks like AMD X2's might do what I really need for less money. After all do I really need to pay for cutting edge when it's going to be out of date so quick anyway.

And at least motherboards and stuff have been around to match up with AMD so we don't have to mess with swapping CPUs just to update BIOS and stuff.

Yeah but even if you do wait the conroes are so much better than the amd stuff its worth the wait.

Don't settle for second best cause you have no patience lol!

Don
easyrider said:
Yeah but even if you do wait the conroes are so much better than the amd stuff its worth the wait.

Don't settle for second best cause you have no patience lol!

you know what its like... everyone wants everything now, including myself :)

Stelly

Soldato
Gibbo said:
But I think whats best to keep everybody happy I will no longer post on these forums and just do as other sites do which is place product on pre-order or not bother at all. Because its impossible to please all, I don't see competitors informing their customers as to why this launch has turned out to be a complete flop. To be honest it seems pointless in me doing the same and wasting my time as everybody just picks a new point to moan about.
Don't do that - keep on providing the information like you are doing, even if it isn't want people like to hear. Communication is key in this market where there are dozens of competitors and very little incentive for loyally. Your communication has set OCUK apart from other retailers - this is a good thing.

Soldato
clv101 said:
Don't do that - keep on providing the information like you are doing, even if it isn't want people like to hear. Communication is key in this market where there are dozens of competitors and very little incentive for loyally. Your communication has set OCUK apart from other retailers - this is a good thing.

I agree, keep up the good work Gibbo. I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) appreciate you coming on here to give us updates. Thanks. :)

Don
killer_uk said:
I agree, keep up the good work Gibbo. I (and I'm sure a lot of other people) appreciate you coming on here to give us updates. Thanks. :)

I think most people are the same. One problem with working in IT people only notice when things go wrong

Stelly

Soldato
killer_uk said:
I'd be interested to hear who this etailer is ;)

The launch date was actually the 23rd (yesterday) and at least one place opened specially to let people have their chips yesterday if they were pre-ordered. I know that processors were sold yesterday, although whether they were OEM or 'grey' imports I could not say.

Another e-tailer is promising chips tomorrow, but then so were lots of people.

I think Intel have ###### over their retail channel big time and it will come back and bite them sometime soon.

Soldato
WJA96 said:
The launch date was actually the 23rd (yesterday) and at least one place opened specially to let people have their chips yesterday if they were pre-ordered. I know that processors were sold yesterday, although whether they were OEM or 'grey' imports I could not say.

Another e-tailer is promising chips tomorrow, but then so were lots of people.

I think Intel have ###### over their retail channel big time and it will come back and bite them sometime soon.

Right, well all we can do now is play the waiting game and just hope they actually start to get some CPUs available next week.

Back
Top Bottom