Interesting thought on MMO games

Permabanned
Until a few months back, I had been obsessively playing WoW since the release day. I clocked up almost 1500 hours of gameplay time :eek:

I quit for two reasons:

- Poor community
World of Warcraft has by far one of the worst player communites of any MMO I have ever played. Such a rare occassion to come across a player that you could genuinely respect.

- An instance of 'cheating' which blizzard failed to act on
Since I was without a guild for most of my time as a level 60 player, I focused on PvP, which is also the aspect of WoW which I enjoyed most.

I joined a highly organised and dedicated PvP team, which more or less farmed Arathi Basin all day, every day.

Throughout my time playing with this team I discovered that the team leader had two or more people playing on his account to get his character to Rank 14. As well as this being against the World of Warcraft terms and conditions, I strongly disagreed with it. I expressed my disapproval of this behaviour to him, and was henceforth kicked from the PvP team.

So, I reported this instance of cheating to Blizzard, backed up with solid evidence. What came of it? Nothing. Blizzard did nothing, they allowed him to get away with cheating and breaking the terms and conditions. That is when I lost all faith in Blizzard and decided to discontinue playing.

Last edited:
Soldato
i'm probably leaving wow for good.

then can throw more and more dungeons , more rare items...

fact is it just gets boring. generally everyone on wow is there for a race, a hard grind, for the competition.

i remember playing Asheron's Call 1 and there was a sense of adventure, excitement, and a virtual world lay before me. I've never felt anything like it since no matter what MMORPG I try.

Maybe someday I'll find that special game again. :(

Soldato
I dont play much mmorpgs, 1st i dont like paying a subscription charge 2ndly y do it if ** capped at a certain lvl. Usually what ill do is play the betas if i can and if it truly captures me i may be tempted like with DnD online Stormreach, others like RF online i played the tutorial and reminded me too much of FF11 had some bad xprenecices with that so gave up.

Back
Top Bottom