Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Very curious as towards how many people have actually done and does anyone actually pay to do it! lol!

Since the internet has expanded the opputunity to interact and meet new people online is bigger than ever. With sites like faceparty, myspace, bebo etc all being free people are obviously using them to find dates. In comparison to this you have places like Match.com where you have to pay a fee to actually use their services to find a mate.

So own up everyone! Who has used what services, free or pay and actually dated someone from the internet?

I have to admit I myself have done so through the free services of faceparty! Infact the girl im seeing just now was met through the internet, albeit after around 2months of chatting and texting prior to meeting haha!

Associate
Ye i sort of met my current g/f on there.

We started speaking on bebo, and then on msn, and then met up a few times. Ironically she was one of my friends sisters, but it all worked out. Took a LONG time for us to actually get together, a lot of work, but was so worth it.

Been together for 8 months now so :)

Soldato
which site?

I honestly can't remember! I remember it was pretty rubbish. I filled in my profile and never went back there. I got the e-mail a couple of months later and I had completely forgotten I'd even signed up - I had the e-mail selected and ready to delete because I thought it was spam.....but something told me to open it. Phew :)

Don
I met my fiancee via the web. Well, via WoW to be precise.
She's Finnish and she made the move to the UK to live with me last year. She had a 3 year old who is now my adoptive daughter. We're working on baby number 2 at the moment and will be getting married early next year.

True love can be found on the web.

Permabanned
She's Finnish and she made the move to the UK to live with me last year. She had a 3 year old who is now my adoptive daughter. We're working on baby number 2 at the moment and will be getting married early next year.

Winner tbh.

Associate
Met my wife online, happily married for other a year.

If i hooked up over Bebo i'd be wanting some ID or a note from their parents :p

Associate

Jesus lol, that is pretty different!

Fair play though, if it works, it works. Doesnt matter how you meet imo!

Soldato

Good luck to you both, I only wish I could same the same for my relationship.

Don
Jesus lol, that is pretty different!

Well, think about it. The very fact that we're playing the same game says that we must be fairly well matched personality wise.
She was part of my raiding community and we got talking one night about things and general stuff. Things progressed over the next few months until we were video calling every day. I went to Finland to visit her last year and we haven't been apart since.

She is beautiful, smart, loving and fun. Everything a guy could want.

Some people look at me strangely when I tell them the story. Or people who read about us on the web thing we must be wierd looking or something. Quite the contrary. She is a stunningly beautiful 24 year old, and I'm a normal looking 32 year old (those of you that have met me know that).

Interestingly, my ex met her current live-in BF via the web too. He's Swedish.

Last edited:
Soldato
used quite a few. match.com, dating direct. pay ones. (i got more money than sense really) Ive used about 4 free ones, inc plentyoffish.

Very very very easy to meet women. (for whatever you like) But meet 'The One' i dont think so :p

on faceparty atm - seriously TOO many women... search sucks totally. Kazillions of em :D

But i would still put:

reallife meeting > internets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom