Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
"I'm doing something wrong" I think is only one of the conclusions one could draw from it all. There's plenty of others if you think about it. Some examples:

1. You are competing against hundred of other guys. If you don't stand out in some way (be that looks or in the message) you are probably not going to get very far. There is nothing wrong with not being a superstud with a million zany interests, it's just the nature of being a guy in the online dating world. It's very superficial to begin with.....
  2. Someone may want to spend time writing a proper reply so have not done so yet
  3. Somebody has started seeing someone more seriously and doesn't feel comfortable replying to people online
  4. What some people post on their profiles is actually not what they are like at all as a person. So even though you might think you are a good match based on reading theirs, they might not agree.
  5. etc etc

Really it depends what you are after and what your expectations are I guess. For me I know I'm up against it for various reasons so it doesn't really surprise me that I've had bugger all success online.

yeah im not expecting to have loads of messages. To start off with online dating can be very shallow and superficial (in my experience)

i dont put too much effort into it as i know its just another extension of my social life. still cant help but feel disappointed at times with the whole thing.

just going to keep sending out messages, maybe edit my profile and just keep rolling with it and hope i get lucky!

im not after anything specific, just a nice, non crazy girl with similar interests!

Soldato
Any tinder users? (I'm aware it is the shallowest app ever!) Have had a couple of dates from there. The latest is a real nice girl and will be seeing her again as she seems keen, plus she is a fully fledged petite freckled redhead so I'm in awe of her looks! :D

maj

maj

Soldato
Any tinder users? (I'm aware it is the shallowest app ever!) Have had a couple of dates from there. The latest is a real nice girl and will be seeing her again as she seems keen, plus she is a fully fledged petite freckled redhead so I'm in awe of her looks! :D

Yeah I'm a tinder user. Had a date on NYE with a lass from there. Supposed to be having a second date but nothing sorted yet.

Soldato
Hmm I always thought tinder was used for just one thing... like non serious dating? Maybe I'm mistaken. My colleagues made it sound like it's bad :eek:

If you're out for one thing then it absolutely can be used for that!

However, in my situation, I'm not, and I don't :)

Associate
Hmm I always thought tinder was used for just one thing... like non serious dating? Maybe I'm mistaken. My colleagues made it sound like it's bad :eek:
i was given the same impression by a girl i know. Does seem to be aimed at the more casual dating from what ive heard, but i think a few people have got relationships through it.

i would try it and see whats its like if it was supported on my phone!

Soldato
I won't be trying tinder, as I imagine a lot of work people will be on there. Same with POF.. My boss met his current girlfriend through POF :o

I might give the paying sites a try..

Permabanned
I'm on Tinder now and I love how it just uses your Facebook to create your profile it's simple to use just swipe right if u like them left if you don't and eventually you get a match.

Going to give this a go tonight. Already speaking to couple people from close by.

Soldato
zoosk is one thats really active for no reason at all.. either fake activity or w/e.. but I have 10+ chicks messaging and checking me out everyday even tho I never reply because its 18ish quid/month to send more than one message lol.

talk about overpriced.. and you can't even message anyone unless you drop your phone number on the first message and ditch zoosk when you're done with it. :o

I did meet a chick yesterday, I've been online chatting with her for 18ish months(yes :O) but finally met up.. :) mind you we're both not into dating so it was a nice friendly day out.. such a relive compared to "omg it's a date lets .... noaw"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom