Internet Disconnections :-(

Permabanned
Right, I have ADSL at my house, Freeonline (Plusnet) up to 8mb Jobbie.
Through the Voyager 105 USB Modem it works but disconnects frequently.. (Anything between every 5 minutes - an hour)
I have a 3Com Wireless Router that I tried hooking up but that doesn't even detect the ADSL at all.
The speeds detected on the modem are usually anything between 2.1mbps and 4mbps
Here are my line stats according to the voyager..
Local Remote
Attenuation (dB) 51 31.5
SNR Margin (dB) 6 8.5

This is really starting to hack me off as you can imagine..
Anything I can try or do to get the connection more stable? The speed is ok, it's just the stability...
Thanks guys

Soldato
Your SNR is border line which is probably why you are getting the frequent disconnects. You need to check if your internal wiring is causing you problems.

Locate your master BT socket, remove the cover and try connecting directly to the BT test socket. If you still get issues then its likely that you need your ISP to increase your target SNR. if it does help then you need better filters/wiring.

Try testing with the test socket first and report back.

Associate
make sure you have got the latest drivers for the 105 as this is totally software driven. Also what OS are you using as if it is a Mac running 10.3 and 10.4 there is a problem with Max and a Voyager 105 that is fixed with the latest drivers.

Like shine said try testing from the master socket to rule out your wiring, unfortunately with a 105 this would mean moving your machine down to the master socket.

See if there is any pattern to the disconnections as the 105 is USb does it disconnect when you try and print or use any other USB device on the machine. Make sure the 105 is connected directly to the PC and not via a HUB as well.

Back
Top Bottom