1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Internet explorer - click on hyperlinks and sod all happens!

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Raumarik, 17 Jan 2006.

1. Raumarik

Capodecina

annoying IE problem at work, click a link - nothing happens. Right click/open in new window - nothing happens.

No popup blockers running, IE6 and I've even tried reregistering serveral DLLs as advised on the MSKB (URLMON.dll etc).

Any ideas? driving me up the friggen wall! Not my pc as I'd use Firefox anyway :p

2. Emo_hug

Mobster

windows update? also is this on all webites or cirtain ones?

you could always use a stand alone version of firefox, one that doesn't need installing :)

3. Raumarik

Capodecina

every single website unfortunately. I'll probably end up reimaging the machine now, they dont like me working out problems at work :(

4. JayMax

Mobster

HKEY_LM\SW\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\Prefixes
    HKEY_LM\SW\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\URL\DefaultPrefix

Maybe try checking the above keys have http:// in the appropriate entrys, esp under default & 'www'?

Just my 2p.

Last edited: 17 Jan 2006
  5. Raumarik

Capodecina

cheers mate any ideas welcome I'd rather sort this for the user than scrub thier PC because of one stupid fault! I'll give any ideas a shot first!

6. Gimpymoo

Capodecina

Do you have Norton/Mcafee installed?

Try disabling that if you do, see if the same problem is there :)

7. chimaera

Mobster

I had a similar problem and it was because IE wasn't set up as the default web software, when i uninstalled FF it took itself off the default list but nothing went back on, so IE couldn't open any hyperlinks.

8. Skilldibop

Wise Guy

is your windows set to open links on a single click or a double? could be something silly like that.