Interview tommorow for lidl, any tips?

Soldato
Basically, it is just a check to make sure you are unlikely to steal more than £50 and will not sh!t in the frozen food section if you get bored on a Saturday night.

Look interested, and tell them why the job is important to you (working through college etc, not getting your next meth fix).

Soldato
OP
I dont intend to try negotiate pay that would be pretty stupid even for me :o. I just dont know how much it is (although at the same time it isn't really that big a deal to me.. higher than £4.83/hour would be very nice though)

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;16389603 said:
Did you read post #11 ?

Thought not.

Did you? He asked if it's a big no-no to ask what the pay is. I said it'd be fine if he asks at the correct time and in a polite manner. You seem to think he was going to try and negotiate pay. He only wants to know how much he's going to get paid, not try and get any extra 50p an hour.

Caporegime
Did you? He asked if it's a big no-no to ask what the pay is. I said it'd be fine if he asks at the correct time and in a polite manner. You seem to think he was going to try and negotiate pay. He only wants to know how much he's going to get paid, not try and get any extra 50p an hour.

Apologies, I misunderstood.

Soldato
I was told what the starting salary would be after being offered a position.

Also, this

The salary at retail jobs wont be negotiable, they pay everyone the same rate regardless of age or time spent working there.

is rubbish. Yearly pay rises, plus extra pay if you take on extra jobs (not necessarily extra hours, just being trained to do more e.g. till controller, supervisor etc) are commonplace. You probably won't be able to 'negotiate' it as such, but that doesn't mean that everyone is paid the same, it varies with responsibility and time spent working there.

For example, I started out on £4.70 ph or something, then up to £5.40 or so when I completed my training, and now up to £6.30 after a yearly review. I'm expecting another (£7 please!) in a few months :cool: Good wages for a student, especially when the option to do overtime arises as well.

Associate
Just say you are prepared to multi-task.

Last time I went into Lidl the girl on the checkout (the only one at the time) was filling shelves, moving their big hoover around the floor doing cleaning, and then started running back to the till when the next customer wanted to pay for their goods. Once that customer went and there was no one in the queue she immediately went back to filling shelves and hoovering again. Times that by eight hours and you will certainly earn your £7 an hour.

Good luck, hope it isn't a career move for you though.

Associate
have an example of teamworking.

also wear what you feel comfortable, i probably wouldnt go in a suit and tie but a shirt and smart trousers should fit the bill.

Permabanned
normaly I just have to same im a Uni student with a 90% pass rate... they say thank you and i get offerd a job....

Its good to have a good pas srate from Uni cus it shows i ant some lazy slob and work lol

yers my spelling atm is poor buts its 4:20am and my eyes wana closer

Associate
[FnG]magnolia;16389477 said:
OP, ignore this, it's nonsense.

Be honest, talk to them in the same manner they talk to you, get your point across and ask questions. If you're not sure about something, ask for clarification.

You'll be fine. Good luck :)

No it's not. My brother and his GF went for an interview with a new opening Lidl in my area, loads of english people went for the interview, and not one got through, just pure polish people.

Permabanned
No it's not. My brother and his GF went for an interview with a new opening Lidl in my area, loads of english people went for the interview, and not one got through, just pure polish people.

Yes I'm sure that's the reason he didn't get the job. Just like people who fail their driving tests say "They have a quota they are allowed to pass per day" etc. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom