Interviews- What to wear?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Matblack said:
I agree with you idea, scope out the store and dress in a similar vein, apart from B&Q where I would go smart casual, maybe trouser suit with a nice top underneath, not a blouse.

MB

Thats actually not a bad idea. You would think you gave this sort of advice out for a living! :rolleyes:

P.S. Why arent you on MSN?

Associate
Blackstar said:
I've got 3 interviews in the next two days and as this is the first time in ages i've needed to think about it i've no idea what to wear.

Probably a bit late now, but good luck! Hope it goes well.

Blackstar said:
Im not sure i think paperchase would be a nice place to work.

I was trying to think where that was, is it the wee card shop at holy corner?

Soldato
better to overdress than underdress, i would wear a suit (never been a fan of trouser suits though). If other people are waiting do not not analze what they are wearing you will make yourself more nervous!

Soldato
OP
Greedo said:
Probably a bit late now, but good luck! Hope it goes well.

I was trying to think where that was, is it the wee card shop at holy corner?
It's the one out at the fort in Borders bookshop.
Thanks Lostkat, i reckon paperchase would be the one i'd like to work at most.

Soldato
Blackstar said:
Im not sure i think paperchase would be a nice place to work.

I have just about everything from jeans to a trouser suit and a skirt to match.

(i'll be removing some of my piercings as well as this usually helps)

rememebr if you'd like to be able to wear your piercings at work then you should really leave them in for the interview. I know If I offered someone a customer facing job without piercings and they turned up on monday with lots of stuff in I might think it a little odd. I always feel that people should take you as you are, there is no point changing who you appear to be to get a job ;)

Good luck.

HT

Soldato
OP
happytechie said:
rememebr if you'd like to be able to wear your piercings at work then you should really leave them in for the interview. I know If I offered someone a customer facing job without piercings and they turned up on monday with lots of stuff in I might think it a little odd. I always feel that people should take you as you are, there is no point changing who you appear to be to get a job ;)

Good luck.

HT
I plan to take them out for work, as much as i love my lip piercing i know some people are offended by them. I'm not changing how i appear i'm just making myself a little more appealing.

Back
Top Bottom