Interviews- What to wear?

Permabanned
DRZ said:
Really, there arent that many dude :) Photos have been posted in the past that prove she is female, in some VERY popular threads.

I can see newbies not knowing, but the more establised members certainly know :)

I'm not having a go at all. I am just saying, if she wants as many opinions and relevant replies as possible, it would have been worth the time putting (I'm a girl) in. Instead of assuming everyone knows who she is.

BTW, I am not in any way casting doubt on the fact that she IS a female! :p

Soldato
Quantic said:
if she wants as many opinions and relevant replies as possible, it would have been worth the time putting (I'm a girl) in. Instead of assuming everyone knows who she is.
What about all the threads from guys about what they should wear for interviews etc - should they put 'I'm a guy' in their posts?

I would have thought most people on the forum know, and if you don't you just need to check her profile.

fi-'i'm a guy'-ni

Soldato
Blackstar said:
I plan to take them out for work, as much as i love my lip piercing i know some people are offended by them. I'm not changing how i appear i'm just making myself a little more appealing.

aww.. i dont think its a case of being more "appealing" but they'd appreciate a little more conservatism. if youre unsure you could always ask whether its a problem to wear one or not. i do know that the last time i was in B&Q there was a woman on the till who was wearing one... so unless she was sneakily wearing it against health and safety issues it isnt a problem.

apart from that... congrats on the job :)

Permabanned
fini said:
What about all the threads from guys about what they should wear for interviews etc - should they put 'I'm a guy' in their posts?

I would have thought most people on the forum know, and if you don't you just need to check her profile.

fi-'i'm a guy'-ni

I would say 90%+ of all people on the forums are guys. Therefore, one would assume that someone posting would be male. If that is not the case then the obligation is on the minority to point out that fact. Mmm kay? :p

Man of Honour
Congrats on your job, now where's *** guy that punched a customer who requested decking at B&Q on the forums?.. :o

I got a new job yesterday too with www.cobweb.co.uk - they said they would have given it to me right away since the interview went really well :eek:

Can't wait to start :) I also got a call from another employer offering me a 18-25k job but no interview til une as he is on holiday til then. Funny how it all happens in one "lump sum" for me.

I now laugh at some of my family because they never had faith in me, they told me to just apply to any old job for full time hours and manage from there on :rolleyes:

You gotta have faith in people :)

Permabanned
Imo I'd go for "smart-casual": Trousers, Blouse (preferably white), and a smart-ish jacket. I wouldnt bother spending a huge amount of money either tbh. If you show up for a job in a Hugo Boss trouser suit either a) they will wonder why you are wanting to work in retail when you can afford an expensive designer suit or b) they wont notice the difference. Don't think ties are considered mandatory for women (True story- when I (sic) were a student I worked in Scottish Widows call centre and the number of times I wore a tie I could pretty much count on one hand. One day my (female) boss pulls me up and asks me why Im not wearing my tie. I point out that she wasnt wearing a tie either. She was left speechless ;) I wouldnt generally recommend this sort of behaviour though!)

Also congrats at getting into Edinburgh, what course you enrolled for? Im an ex KB drone btw :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
fini said:
Oh, so you don't care about the minorities! :eek:

:p

fini

Eh? It's nothing to do with 'caring' - it is to do with practicality. Say for example a blind person asks for a book in a library. Do you not think that the blind person should TELL the librarian - actually I am blind so the book should be brail. That obligation does not equal not caring about minorities - it is about helping them. (Oh, and let's forget the fact that the blind person has a white stick and a dog!)

Back
Top Bottom