Introduction...

JJB

JJB

Associate
OP
Really like the colour and the rims look good are you going to lower it a bit it will look better

Thanks, a lot of people don't like the colour as they say it's too popular, and whilst it is, by a decent amount the most popular colour for the R, it is the only colour exclusive to the R. I'm debating on whether to get some coilovers for the car and leave the rims standard, or buy 19" rims, and lower it slightly.

JJB

JJB

Associate
OP
Can you re-mount the front plate straight, please? :p

I know... it set my OCD off too. They are the holes which the dealer must have drilled, or the previous owner. I'm just conscious of re-drilling the holes so close to the original.

Caporegime
Sorry, I had to screenshot this as it made me laugh:

sodXokX.png

Anyway, putting aside the whole tragic "pls sub guys pls" approach, here's some actual feedback:

Your vids are all over the place. There appears to be no structure, no planning, you just seem to hop in and start recording and it shows. You put no effort in to your appearance either. Do your hair, lose the stupid hat (name one successful car channel which features a hat) and at the very least scribble down some notes and refer to them when recording. Don't dwell, don't go round in circles, just get it all out and move on to the next part. You can make a successful channel but you're approaching it all wrong. As it is you're just coming across as lazy and fly-by-night, and there are literally millions of channels on Youtube with that approach. Make yourself stand out a bit.

JJB

JJB

Associate
OP
Sorry, I had to screenshot this as it made me laugh:

sodXokX.png

Anyway, putting aside the whole tragic "pls sub guys pls" approach, here's some actual feedback:

Your vids are all over the place. There appears to be no structure, no planning, you just seem to hop in and start recording and it shows. You put no effort in to your appearance either. Do your hair, lose the stupid hat (name one successful car channel which features a hat) and at the very least scribble down some notes and refer to them when recording. Don't dwell, don't go round in circles, just get it all out and move on to the next part. You can make a successful channel but you're approaching it all wrong. As it is you're just coming across as lazy and fly-by-night, and there are literally millions of channels on Youtube with that approach. Make yourself stand out a bit.

Thanks Diddums, I'll work on it :) to see how i progress then please... oh wait ;)

Associate
Thanks, a lot of people don't like the colour as they say it's too popular, and whilst it is, by a decent amount the most popular colour for the R, it is the only colour exclusive to the R. I'm debating on whether to get some coilovers for the car and leave the rims standard, or buy 19" rims, and lower it slightly.
Leave the rims I would go a bit lower it would look better suited for the car

Caporegime
The videos don’t particularly slap you in the face tbh, maybe try some obscure camera angles....?

Something like this (did this years back by taping my phone to my truck)

I’d also stick TDI badges on it...... ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

JJB

JJB

Associate
OP
The videos don’t particularly slap you in the face tbh, maybe try some obscure camera angles....?

Something like this (did this years back by taping my phone to my truck)

I’d also stick TDI badges on it...... ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

It's all in the pipework buddy, just trying to figure everything out at the moment. Camera angles, locations and everything like that.

JJB

JJB

Associate
OP
Welcome to the forums.

My advice on your videos...? I can't hear a single thing you're saying unless I turn the volume up way too loud for everything else! Get a proper mic :)

Surprised by this if I'm honest, I've watched them back on iPhone & TV, they seem to be OK to me. My other half doesn't have the best of hearing and she manages OK too.

I have looked into external microphones :p

Associate
Nice cars capable of some good figures if you plan to mod. 5 door definitely looks better than 3 and I like the colour. I prefer the 19" Pretoria wheels but that's a personal preference.

Back
Top Bottom