1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intruder alarm system for new home

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by dhokes, 15 May 2018.

1. dhokes

Associate

I'm moving in to a new, and my first, house soon and I'm looking into getting an alarm system. Before approaching firms to get quotes, I want to identify what I need/want and a rough cost.

It's a 2 bedroom, semi-detached house in Leicestershire with “wiring only for future intruder alarm for keypad, control panel and bell box”.

What I think I need/want:
    - wireless
    - telephone a specified number if there’s an intruder
    - no monthly contract

Do I go for a independent company’s own branded alarm or something like Yale, Honeywell, Scantronic, Texecom etc.?

Anything I should consider before buying one?

2. immy

Gangster

Whether you want it monitored by a monitoring station (higher ongoing costs) or you will self monitor?

3. dhokes

Associate

Self monitor. I imagine the former will incur a monthly cost which I don't really want.

4. immy

Gangster

pyronix enforcer is a good all in one solution
    or
    honeywell galaxy g2 combined with selfmon monitoring ( £1 a month).

5. TripleT

Sgarrista

I went Texecom via a local fitter, my house was pre wired for sensors and everything but wanted it fitted for peace of mind and insurance.

I went for the connect app too so I can set it remotely and tells me when people set/unset the alarm and if it goes off.

6. Psycho Sonny

Caporegime

Yale do a self monitoring real time alert smart alarm home system. Their packages range from £200-£400 and costco sell them cheap.

Yi (chinese cam make) do free real time monitoring and there cameras only cost £20 each off amazon. Check HUKD. they are 720p. 1080p models are £40.

so i have them set up so that if anyone comes into my kitchen or living room between office hours or sleeping hours. it records a 10 second clip and sends them to my phone and the wifes phone. i can then watch it and then phone the police, etc.

7. Strikeforce

Hitman

I've setup replaced my Texecom panel with a the Konnected.IO solution to make it more 'smart'. Might work out cheaper to buy your own PIR's and do it your self.