1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IP35 Pro Won't Post

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by pmd, 20 Oct 2009.

1. pmd

Associate

I've got an IP35 pro running a Q6600 and 4Gb of RAM. It was working fine and now it fires up for 5 seconds and then shuts down with a 9.0 post code. I also notce the northbridge power light is showing as red. I've reduced the ram to one slot, swapped them around, removed all components except GPU and HDD, swapped PSU (to one I know works) and still no joy.

Have searched other posts for similar issue but didn't find a solution posted...

MB is less than 12 months old....

2. Plec

Capodecina

Have you tried clearing the CMOS?

3. pmd

Associate

yup! and removed battery etc

4. Robbie_G

Gangster

Usually when that motherboard gets that error it is a dead motherboard. You may find that clearing the BIOS may allow one boot until you restart again. The only other item that can cause that fault is a dead graphics card but that is rare.

5. pmd

Associate

crap - was hoping it wasn't! Thanks for the info...have even tried sweet talking it but hasn't worked either! :)

6. Robbie_G

Gangster

:) being nice to it is always worth a shot. I would recommend trying the gfx card first before setting up a return for your motherboard.

7. C64

Capodecina

abit rma still exists ?

8. Robbie_G

Gangster

They went out of buisness but the company that you bought it off should still honour at least a year warranty. If not then it maybe time to upgrade.

9. pmd

Associate

thanks - it was OCUK so I'll see what they say. If I do upgrade then any recommendations..? :)

10. Robbie_G

Gangster

OCUK will do the warranty i believe if it is under a year old. To be honest the if its just a motherboard upgrade then obviously the asus rampage formula would be a good upgrade.