IP68 rated Tough Phones ....

Associate
Ok, current contract is about to end.
Ive always had high end apple phones (current phone is 6s 128GB, I also have an iphoneSE ), but the deletion of the 3.5mm socket, poor battery life and the ever thinning of the phones is forcing me away from the fruit based phone manufacturer.

Ive been looking for a suitable alternative, and, whilst I usually carry my phones in otterbox's, and use a waterproof cover when on the boat or at the beach, Im leaning towards getting an IP68 rated phone, one that is flexible and also fairly cutting edge.

This is where I think I need a bit of advice.
So far, I like the Cat60 because of the flir feature, but I also have been looking at the Ruggex Rhino Series.

Whilst my phone is primarily used to make calls, I would say im a fairly heavy data user, plus the children like to play games on it.

Does anyone have one, or any opinions on them. or can offer any other suitable considerations ?

Budget is flexible

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Only reason Ive been looking at the tough phones is with a 6yr old, the phone has certainly been dropped a few times.
Being into boating, things get bumped around and with salt water, the IP rating is justified as currently I use secondary amour and a waterproof bag.

I dont want to compromise, I would rather spend the money and get something that is current and suitable.

Back
Top Bottom