Ipad pro spec me

Soldato
As above really, wife is into her arts n farts and I would like to pick up one of these with the pen as a gift. Is the 10.5 the latest one? Best one to go for?
Is the apple pen worth it or are there others?
What other accessories are recommended?
Is apple care worth it?
Keyboard case cover may be nice but the ones in the site are £lol!

Thanks

Caporegime
There are 2 current iPad Pros the 10.5 and the 12.9, the larger one is lovely but quite heavy.

The Apple Pen is lovely to use and there’s no real alternative.

There are loads of options for cases, both normal and keyboard. You’re best checking reviews to see what suits.

There is likely to be a refresh of the Pros this year.

Caporegime
Likely in June, so probably worth the wait. Probably will be a performance boost, along with possibly FaceID and the removal of the button.

Unless you save a significant amount of cash I'd buy from Apple direct.

I love my 10.5 Pro. If they put an OLED screen in this years version I'll have one of them too!

Soldato
I returned my 12.9 to Vodafone last week. I bought the Logitech Slim keyboard which is also going back, didn’t like it and both were pretty heavy.

Big screen was a bonus. Maybe the new pro will be smaller and lighter if the screen is edge to edge.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I handled the 12.9 and whilst it’s great for side by side multitasking it’s just too heavy. The 10.5 felt a better balance.

If the 12.9 was a bit lighter it’d be awesome.

Soldato
Big screen was a bonus. Maybe the new pro will be smaller and lighter if the screen is edge to edge.

I always thought this but then I realised I wouldn’t have anywhere to rest my thumbs when consuming media. You need at least a small bezel to make it easier to use.

Back
Top Bottom