iPhone 12 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
50% faster than any other phone, that almost sounds generous. It's probably 50% faster than the next flagship SD and 100% than the next Exynos :p.

Shame they missed out on a high refresh rate screen.

Soldato
50% faster than any other phone, that almost sounds generous. It's probably 50% faster than the next flagship SD and 100% than the next Exynos :p.

Shame they missed out on a high refresh rate screen.

Even though I'm a tech enthusiast, having an SoC that's 50% faster than something that's already fast isn't really that appealing. Still having a 60hz screen on the other hand is bothersome when these cost 1k.

That notch too. No thanks. A good phone but as you can tell, not for me in the slightest.

Soldato
Yep, I'm all for the advancement of tech, but 99.99% of iPhone users won't tap into anything like its full potential.

And while people might not notice 120hz (a claim only ever put about by iPhone users as far as I can tell), many more people will notice high refresh than will notice the A14 SoC.

Soldato
Yep, I'm all for the advancement of tech, but 99.99% of iPhone users won't tap into anything like its full potential.

And while people might not notice 120hz (a claim only ever put about by iPhone users as far as I can tell), many more people will notice high refresh than will notice the A14 SoC.

I remember how stereo speakers and Big screens were on that list. Until they got them that is.

Soldato
So what do you all think?
I was excited when I heard about the iPhone 12 mini, not much of an IOS fan but since the last Xperia XZ2 Compacts sold out the only regular sized smartphone you can buy is the iPhone SE 2020 anyway.

Then I saw that it was a plus phone and only called "mini" due to being smaller than the regular phablet xD

Associate
OP
That James Bond style reveal though

Didn't order one on time and now deliveries are into 1st week of November :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
I feel the 12 mini might resurge mid/high end smaller handsets.

I have an 11 Pro and not really tempted by this years lineup unlike last year I was tuned in researching etc.
If the 12 Mini size stays in next years lineup will likely be tempted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom