• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I can get an iPhone 11 64gb for £510 new, will the prices be any cheaper once the new iPhone comes out or is this a decent price?

Apple probably drops £100 or £150 from the retail price of iPhone 11 once the new ones come out, other retailers might give you an additional £50 or so off.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Im on a 7 plus and really want an upgrade ,but the 12 pro is not the upgrade I was hoping for... Im thinking of doing the apple upgrade plan this year, and then next year buying the phone I actually want (120hz, smaller notch etc...)

Soldato
Im on a 7 plus and really want an upgrade ,but the 12 pro is not the upgrade I was hoping for... Im thinking of doing the apple upgrade plan this year, and then next year buying the phone I actually want (120hz, smaller notch etc...)

How do you know that it's not the upgrade your hoping for? I'm looking forward to the event which should be announced this week, not sure if I will upgrade as of yet, I am coming to the end of my contract so may move away from a PPM Device Plan and just buy outright.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

How do you know that it's not the upgrade your hoping for? I'm looking forward to the event which should be announced this week, not sure if I will upgrade as of yet, I am coming to the end of my contract so may move away from a PPM Device Plan and just buy outright.

Purely based just off rumours really. Ive heard that there is a slim chance of 120hz, smallery batter and the same notch. Issue is that I really need a new phone so I have to get one this year, but I dont want to buy it outright when most of the things I really want is coming out on next years model.

I may just have to do the upgrade program for 1 year, and then buy outright in 2021

Soldato
Purely based just off rumours really. Ive heard that there is a slim chance of 120hz, smallery batter and the same notch. Issue is that I really need a new phone so I have to get one this year, but I dont want to buy it outright when most of the things I really want is coming out on next years model.

I may just have to do the upgrade program for 1 year, and then buy outright in 2021

But how do you then know that it's going to come out on next years model? I find all of these rumours to be mostly people making things up to get traffic to their website/youtube videos.

Soldato

If you buy now and sell next year you're better off than the upgrade program, but also a little more hassle.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

If you buy now and sell next year you're better off than the upgrade program, but also a little more hassle.

I was thinking that, but I'm not sure how I feel about dropping £1000 on a phone!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

But how do you then know that it's going to come out on next years model? I find all of these rumours to be mostly people making things up to get traffic to their website/youtube videos.

I guess you never really know, but I would assume that any big features that are not happening this year, its much more likely to happen next year.

Either way, I think im going to just buy the 12 pro outright, and then sell it next year to buy the 13 or whatever it'll be called.

Soldato
I was thinking that, but I'm not sure how I feel about dropping £1000 on a phone!

I always look at it as price - resale value, for all purchases. Dropping £1000 is a lot but if you can get £750 out of it 11 months later, then you've spent £23 per month for the privilege of using that device. Now compare that to the upgrade program for the same device. This assumes you take good care fo the phone though!

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I always look at it as price - resale value, for all purchases. Dropping £1000 is a lot but if you can get £750 out of it 11 months later, then you've spent £23 per month for the privilege of using that device. Now compare that to the upgrade program for the same device. This assumes you take good care fo the phone though!

Okay you've convinced me!

Guess i'll be dropping £1000 on a phone to use for about a year haha! I guess I could also offset the cost further by selling my current 7 plus.

any idea how much a 7 plus goes for on the MM by any chance? Its got a couple marks on it and battery health is on 81%

Soldato
Okay you've convinced me!

Guess i'll be dropping £1000 on a phone to use for about a year haha! I guess I could also offset the cost further by selling my current 7 plus.

any idea how much a 7 plus goes for on the MM by any chance? Its got a couple marks on it and battery health is on 81%

Probably £150-ish or £200 if you change the battery (iFixIt batteries are £30 and excellent quality).

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Probably £150-ish or £200 if you change the battery (iFixIt batteries are £30 and excellent quality).

Thats not too bad, I guess I'll be okay with something along £120-£150

Soldato
Thats not too bad, I guess I'll be okay with something along £120-£150

Funny enough if you run the numbers you might find out that buying new and selling every year (before announcement) is actually more economical than using the same phone for 3-4 years.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Funny enough if you run the numbers you might find out that buying new and selling every year (before announcement) is actually more economical than using the same phone for 3-4 years.

I was literally thinking exactly that... Its kind of crazy when you think about it but I guess its because iPhones tend to hold their value quite well.

For example if I were to buy a £1000 iphone 12 pro, I would assume I could sell it for maybe £700 the following year as long as the condition was good? In that case I've only really spent £300 which isn't bad at all vs how much I would have spent if I was on the upgrade program.

Only problem is I can't really sell the phone before the announcement cause I wouldn't have any other phone to use in the meantime haha

Soldato
I was literally thinking exactly that... Its kind of crazy when you think about it but I guess its because iPhones tend to hold their value quite well.

For example if I were to buy a £1000 iphone 12 pro, I would assume I could sell it for maybe £700 the following year as long as the condition was good? In that case I've only really spent £300 which isn't bad at all vs how much I would have spent if I was on the upgrade program.

Only problem is I can't really sell the phone before the announcement cause I wouldn't have any other phone to use in the meantime haha

You have a 7 plus! Just use that for the month before announcement next year, and in subsequent years. If you change the battery that phone is more than adequate for one month of use.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

You have a 7 plus! Just use that for the month before announcement next year, and in subsequent years. If you change the battery that phone is more than adequate for one month of use.

I suppose its not a bad idea to keep the 7 plus as a spare!

Soldato
It’s a shame you need to sell a month before to get maximum resale value not sure I could manage that!

That't the same for all consumer electronics really. When new things are announced the resale value of the older stuff goes down rather significantly. Look at 2080 Ti prices on the used market right now.

I think it's a good trade-off in the end. It's the best way to get the best and most recent stuff at the lowest possible net cost. This approach also works great for Nvidia GPUs (got 2080 in 2018 right after launch, sold it 6 weeks ago for £630).

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Event confirmed for 15th September! Could be a very exciting one potentially

Back
Top Bottom