iPhone 2g to iPhone 3G

Associate
Hi Folks,

I have had an original iPhone for the last 2 years. I jail broke it when I got it and have been using it with a PAYG o2 sim. I can get a 30% discount on tarrifs through my work now and am looking to get a tarrif that comes with a free iPhone 3G (unfortunately the 3Gs are not included in the offer). I am probably going to pick it up today on my lunch time but wanted to know how easy it would be to transfer my contact details from one phone to the new one? Can it be done through itunes?

Thanks

Matt

Associate
I don't think it can be done in itunes. On an apple the iphone syncs with the address book, so just by plugging it in you would get the contacts on the new phone. I believe its the same in windows too. If you have never synced your contacts to you computer then you might have a few problems. One solution would be to get a mobile me account, all your contacts would be backed up to the net and the new phone would pull them down when you logged in. Alternatively you might just have to ask the store to do it, but you might not be able to transfer over all the contact pics and other extra data.

Assuming you have a computer, the easiest way would just be to sync it before you get a new phone. It does not take long.

Cheers

Pete

Associate
Matt, do you work for a large American firm based in Harlow by any chance?

Let us know how you get on with the 30% discount thing, I'll be looking to get a similar deal in Jan when my current one runs out. :)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Cheers for the help, I will be using Windows to do the transfer and have Outlook so will look into that. I work for the Co-op, I think we get a discount as o2 provide our business mobiles for the whole group.

Associate
iTunes will sync your contacts with those on a GMail account, set that up and sync them with your old phone then do it again with your new one and it should copy them all straight across.

Back
Top Bottom