iPhone 3GS - Available on Orange soon

Associate
I went into vodafone toady and my contract runs out on the 26th feb so I can start my next one from boxing day. In time for the new year :D

I asked the guy did he know when vodafone and orange would have the handset and he said he wasn't sure as o2 may have found a loophole which would prevent anybody else from selling it until January 2010. Just what he said.

Caporegime
I went into vodafone toady and my contract runs out on the 26th feb so I can start my next one from boxing day. In time for the new year :D

I asked the guy did he know when vodafone and orange would have the handset and he said he wasn't sure as o2 may have found a loophole which would prevent anybody else from selling it until January 2010. Just what he said.

Sounds like the usual BS you get from mobile assistants who don't have a clue but have to say something. :rolleyes:

Associate
Sounds like the usual BS you get from mobile assistants who don't have a clue but have to say something. :rolleyes:

yep - he was also showing off the vodafone 360 - didn't impress me really. I've got an iPhone I love it I just want the 3gs with 3G. Is vodafone 3g decent? I know the adverts claim it to be very good. He said it would be £5 for unlimited use which seems pretty decent.

Soldato

sounds rubbish. im 90% sure vodafone where never going to be getting it untill january anyway

my contract is eligible for upgrade on xmas day. wish they where getting it earlier :(

Associate
Hello

Thank you once again for registering your interest.

We’re pleased to tell you that details about the arrival of iPhone will be ready very soon. We’ll be sending you another email in a week or so – please keep an eye out for it. This will tell you everything you’ll need to know about choosing a new handset and viewing our tariff options.

You can look forward to one of the best handsets on the market, as well as the UK’s biggest 3G network, covering more people than any other.

Thanks

Orange

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scoopex/4050204025/

Last edited:
Permabanned
Hopefully this will improve O2's pricing. Bit of competition can only be good.

For the millionth time it isn't O2 pricing it's Apple pricing that makes the tariffs high, it won't change much if at all on Orange. The only real advantage end users will see out of this deal is that if O2 don't have a strong signal in their area they can now choose a different operator.

Soldato
It's a very good bit of a kit mainly due to the apps. I don't have one but I know quite a few ppl who do and I was seriously considering one but I think you have to be an idiot to pay what o2 are asking for. I simply refuse to pay that much for it unless maybe it could make me a cup of tea :p

I just hope the nokia n900 comes out at a half decent price on a 12 month contract because that is something I am seriously considering getting over the iphone.

You have just missed the boat on that one as there are now no t-mobile contracts left and the vodafone ones are still quite pricey..

Caporegime
So are the contracts going to be cheaper than O2, as they are quite ridiculous!

Hopefully this will improve O2's pricing. Bit of competition can only be good.

Phone prices will be very similar to O2 pricing from what I have been told £90ish on 18 month agreements of £35+ for 16Gb version, haven't been told any tariff info and what will be included data wise. Although apparently there may be bundles with apps.

Associate
I love the way the media publish a date then people follow it :rolleyes: ill post the launch date soon. Really really soon......but not too soon :p

The iPhone that can do just about anything. The iPhone 3GS is the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet, with video recording, voice control, and access to thousands of incredible apps at the App Store - it's also available on Orange from the 10th November 09 as well as our existing O2 deals. :D

Soldato
DUnno if its true but from what Ive heard tey are going to be rediculously pricey compared to that of O2, dunno if its correct or not but its what ive heard off someone that works or Orange.

Back
Top Bottom