• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
I went into cpw today and the iphone 6 was much faster than the Note 4 in terms of how fast the camera took a pic, this is getting to be my main criteria on picking a phone as within flagships most other thing are top notch across the board for me:(

Associate
Is there any sort of special deals for the 6 plus? I am thinking of going for this if I manage to offload my other contract (another phone) onto someone else, so am looking for the time being. Seems to be quite high. I am after a 6+ 128gb (space grey) and will no doubt need 20gb month data usage for peace of mind, as I am a heavy user

Soldato
I have had a few reboots on my 6+. Every now and again the touchscreen stops responding as well.

Hope 8.1 fixes these issues.

I had an unresponsive screen earlier today and had a reboot happen a few days back. Only had those two along with it refusing to receive texts messages from time to time.

Associate
Just installed 8.1 onto my 6+, it took around 15 minutes and went smoothly.

Two bugs that affected me are now listed as having being fixed: Bluetooth connectivity and screen rotation.

Hoping all will be well now.

Soldato
Can someone explain the cloud backup of Photos to me? It's bonkers confusing.

I see, Photostream, iCloud Photo Sharing & iCloud Photo Library.
Wtf is all this, and what's the difference? I just want all my pics/vids sync'd online (I do this with Dropbox aswell) but like the Photos interface on my iPad for showing them so I also have (I think) photostream enabled.

But this Photostream seems to be using up my iCloud allowance (now 99% full) even though it doesn't seem accessible in a 'true' backup manner ie I can't just download the files on my computer anywhere?

Very confusing.

Associate
The trouble with the 6+ 128gb is that where ever I look, its all out of stock, and a month before any others come in. Looks like I am going to have to hold onto my Samsung contract a while longer :(

Soldato
Back to my iphone 5 for the day :/

Dropped the 6 twice last night on the sofa so am not taking the phone to work until my case comes.

Yes I know putting a 600 quid device into a cheap case but I work in warehouse and the phone would not take long to get ruffed up.

Heck the guy in o2 took his out of his pocket and and quite a few big scrapes on the screen.

Soldato
Can someone explain the cloud backup... I see, Photostream, iCloud Photo Sharing & iCloud Photo Library.

Photostream = you have an iPhone and another Apple device (i.e iPad, Macbook, etc) and any photos taken on one will save photos on every device. Think 'Sex Tape,' that new Cameron Diaz movie.

iCloud Photo Library = directly backing up your photos into the cloud

iCloud Photo Sharing = (I love this feature) let's say you're off to Bruges for a stag party, all the lads join the 'Porl's Stag' iCloud Photo Share and everyone can share the photos taken on the stag immediately.

Alright matey ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
I had this for my 5 and loved it. I've given it to a friend so I'll probably get a new one for my 6. It fits perfectly.

http://www.thelightningdock.com/products/iphone-6-dock-black

The one above looks nice, but I prefer the lightning as it's Aa little less chunky and I only need it for charging, not audio.

That actually looks pretty nice. :)

Did you order it from the US? I'm going to check but hopefully amazon uk will sell it.

Associate
I just had a look on their site. Seems to be just under a £100 for a years insurance with a £25 excess (the lowest) and cover for everything, including theft and loss. Seems pretty reasonable compared to anything you're ever offered in stores.

Anyone ever had any personal experience with them during a claim? I want to get my phone insured but would prefer a base free process of ever required. On my last phone I had geek squad and they replaced it in 24 hours when it was stolen no questions asked really. They're overly expensive though usually.

isn't geek squad really good but cost about £15 a month?

Associate
Geek Squad is good, but overly expensive which is a shame, but with the cost of phones and the hassle free way to add this in at the point of purchase, its easy to see why

With the high cost of provider insurance, it normally is cheaper to purchase insurance separate and save a lot of money. Has anyone seen the Apple Care+ insurance? Seems like a good deal at £79, but not sure if this covers everything

Back
Top Bottom