iPhone 6S - Battery Issue

Soldato
So my Dad was sold a refurbished iPhone 6S at the Apple store when they couldn't repair his previous one after multiple visits. (They took the old one away and sold the refurbished discounted, although it doesn't seem that much of a discount considering they've got his money and a phone which wasn't that old).

The refurbished one only comes with 3 months warranty afaik or might be 6 months, either way it's past that period.

It now has a battery issue where it drains quite quickly and the phone gets very hot and even with no apps the phone will lose about 20% or more battery per hour. There's also the problem of TouchID not working on the phone either.

Is it worth taking it to the Apple store to see what they can do or will they just sell another phone (refurbished) at a high price?

Man of Honour
Had the home button been repaired? I think touch is coded to the logic board and when replace it won't work.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Nah it hadn't been repaired. I know if it gets replaced it no longer works but he didn't want it fixed at the as he needed the phone and could do without it.

I guess I'll make an appointment and see what they say. Not getting my hopes up though.

Back
Top Bottom