iPhone 6s vs iPhone 7

Soldato
For various reasons I am between phones and intend buying a stopgap to keep me going until the iPhone 12 is released, which I'll buy if it has 120hz.

The 32gb iphone 6s is £115 from a well-known reseller, while the iPhone 7 is about £165. I've checked the specs and it seems to boil down to a faster CPU. Am I likely to notice much real-world difference that justifies another fifty quid outlay? As a stop-gap, it won't be used for intensive games - only browsing, messaging etc. If the iPhone 12 is 60hz, I may end up keeping the stopgap for longer.

Opinions please!

Soldato
Why are you obsessed with 120hz on a phone? its a phone, with a tiny screen, it makes no sense and you don't need high refresh. Fine on a gaming monitor but not a phone where you will mostly msg or use apps anyway, I don't know of anyone who games intensively several hours a day on a tiny phone screen? lol

Permabanned
Why are you obsessed with 120hz on a phone? its a phone, with a tiny screen, it makes no sense and you don't need high refresh. Fine on a gaming monitor but not a phone where you will mostly msg or use apps anyway, I don't know of anyone who games intensively several hours a day on a tiny phone screen? lol

hmmm that’s a good point been a bit obsessed with it.

Soldato
OP

Because what YOU want from a phone is exactly the same as what every other person in the whole world wants from a phone. Is that right?

I've sent back a 120hz OP 8 Pro and it makes my wife's 60hz iPhone XS look like it's sluggish and juddery. Therefore when the iPhone 12 Pro comes out, I'll buy it if it's 120hz, because to ME it's important and makes a huge difference in MY everyday usage.

lol

Associate
I've sent back a 120hz OP 8 Pro and it makes my wife's 60hz iPhone XS look like it's sluggish and juddery. Therefore when the iPhone 12 Pro comes out, I'll buy it if it's 120hz, because to ME it's important and makes a huge difference in MY everyday usage.

In what way would it make a huge difference to your or anyone's everyday usage?

I'm sure it's a nice to have but it's not like the difference between a colour screen vs black and white so think your statement is nonsense. By all means say you'd prefer a 120hz screen but why the hyperbole?

Back to the point, I'd get the 6s - mine was great and don't think the jump to the 7 is worth it for a stop gap.

Soldato
OP
By all means say you'd prefer a 120hz screen but why the hyperbole?

I’ve owned a OnePlus 8 Pro and I’ve owned an iPhone XS. Saying the former makes the latter look slow and juddery is my honest opinion based on my experience of both devices. It is not hyperbole.

Anyway, I’ve got an iPhone 6s and it’s still quite good, though the battery is dump and I’ve somehow ended up with one that has 100pc battery health.

Back
Top Bottom