iPhone, replacement back?

Soldato
Can you get a replacement for the back of the iphone? Mine has a big crack that starts on the connector bit and goes about 1inch upwards.

It's out of warranty now as it's ~15months old :(

Soldato
I remember seeing some about the internet somewhere not long ago, as I have exactly the same problem as you have. Never bothered in the end as they were really expensive.

Permabanned
I replaced my back and front on the Ipod Touch 2G not long ago, theres a site called ipodparts and I rate them 100% ... Fast delivery, good price e.t.c

Remember it is VERY hard to replace componants in an iphone/ipod touch. Your best off just buying a back skin for it to be honest.

Soldato
probs will be hard to replace anyway...apple replaced my screen on my 3g...and with the back being stuck to the screen, the the screen didnt stick to the back after theyd replaced it...was still in warrenty tho and they just replaced the handset.

probs have to just live with it :\

Soldato
I have the exact same crack! Design flaw/weakness?

I know 5 other people with iPhones, and mine, all have the same problem. Shame mine happened out of warranty. I also heard if there are signs of exterior damage they just wont touch it? Mines got a small dent in the bottom corner from a careless getting into pick-up truck / slippy pocket drop. Guess i'l just have to see how much it fetches on ebay when i renew my contract for a 3GS.

Soldato
Read this thread the other day, looked and low and behold there was a 3-5mm hairline crack appearing from the sides of the charging dock (6 month old 8GB 3G). Took it into the Apple store today and got it changed for a new handset there and then. Tried to blag a 3GS outta them but to no avail.

Caporegime
I presume this affects 3GSs too - anyone got a handy pic - will take my case off later and checked as Ive dropped my phone twice but all seemed fine and now Im worried...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom