1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPod Dock’s, Mains Power & Firewire?

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by slipd, 3 Feb 2006.

1. slipd

Mobster

Hey guys,

Do any of you out there know what iPod dock to go for? Is it best I stick to a genuine Apple one – or are there alternatives? Any suggestions ;)

What about a mains power charger – I’ve used USB powered devices in the past and I’ve never been convinced they’re putting out the same power that you would get from a mains plug? Correct me if I’m wrong :)

Also, if I use a firewire interface cable instead of the supplied USB 2.0 one, will there be any noticeable transfer speed improvement – they’re obviously available for a reason?

I’m trying to order all my accessories before my iPod arrives :D

I can’t wait!

Cheers,

SW.

2. Caged

Capodecina

If it's a video iPod or a nano then you can't use FireWire.

3. Big Spender

Wise Guy

indeed, you only get the usb cable for the video, as for the mains adapter, i got one from woolies, not made by apple, but by a company called capdase, its simply just a plug with a usb port on it, but the good thing about this one is that it has an adaptor for basically every country, only cost ~£10 if my memory is correct (which its probably not) but its definetly worth a look :)

4. SexyGreyFox

Man of Honour

If you were thinking about using your IPOD in different rooms then I bought one of these each for my daughters IPOD's - LOGIC3 SPECTRA IP106 I-STATION.
    They are speakers with a sub woofer that folds down, a charger and USB and Firewire sockets. They are also good sounding and quite loud.