iPod shuffle

Associate
Basically, iTunes stopped working so I downloaded the shuffle database rebuilder from sourceforge which allows a user to drag and drop files directly into the shuffle, and upon running the database rebuilder from within the shuffle, it makes the ipod recognise the mp3s.

Anyway, I formatted today and got itunes back working again. I tried to install my ipod but it told me the software on the ipod was wrong and that I should reinstall itunes to get it working etc. I reinstalled to no avail.

I thought bugger it, and deleted everything off my shuffle - everything - and tried to use the database rebuilder thing again. Thing is, it won't work anymore because I've gotten rid of the iPod control directory among other things no doubt.

Basically - does anyone have a solution? I can't seem to install the ipod updater software due to an error, either.

Would using the files from somebody elses' shuffle do the trick? If so, could someone go into their shuffle, copy all of the files - including the hidden ones - (barring mp3s/data of course) and zip them up and email them to me?

[email protected] if anyone thinks that would work.

Thanks a lot... :p

Associate
OP
Could anybody please send me the content of their shuffle? [email protected] please!

I need all of the files and folders hidden and not hidden that are found on the shuffle if you look at it in my computer. Obviously I don't want your mp3s!

It would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom